Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Bane's Quest For Fire page 39

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, my daughter's school has monkey bars like that.

Update:

Had kind of a cheat lunch. Well technically it's no-no stuff, but honestly, calling this food a cheat or bad still kind of makes me shake my head a little. I know it's grains and cavemen died eating this stuff when people invented wheat, but man... if this is a cheat and the worst thing I eat all week.... well let's just say I'm doing all right.

Lunch:

Huge chicken breast
    1/2 brown beans w/ Frank's
    1/2 cup wild rice
    1/2 cup peas

Yeah, yeah, rice, grains, carbs, poison, slow death, etc, etc. This plate was in the fridge from last night (where I just had the chicken and peas) all ready to rock. I was also really hungry, and something else new for me - my legs, back, shoulders, and arms are all sore. Like "good" sore from working out yesterday. Those pistols really do get your quads sore after all! Arms and back are pretty tired out too from the chins/pullups (regular and slooooow). So I took the muscle soreness and hunger as a sign to eat some damn food. I sat there with my head down and pretty much shoveled the whole pile into my mouth without looking up. It was real good, eh. [/Clayton Magnet]

Oh, and I was still hungry but out of food, so I made a chocolate b'nancake for dessert. 1.5 small really ripe bananas, 1.5 tbsp cocoa powder, and 2 eggs... and I committed the ultimate sin - 1/2 tbsp of real maple syrup. (oh dear god it was delicious) This was my first taste of maple syrup since 2009, I shit you not. Boy oh boy oh boy it was yummy.

Tonight is also our yearly Christmas supper out with work, so the tab is taken care of. Sweet. I'm not going to go too crazy, but I am planning on having a big caesar salad, because at this place they make it right at your table from scratch, the dressing and everything (cracking the eggs, shredding the parmesan, grinding garlic, the whole bit). I'll also be having a couple glasses of red, maybe a whiskey or two, in lieu of dessert. I'm sure I'll be eating a rather large slab of dead cow.

Oh that reminds me, I pulled out a pair of old ski gloves at work the other day, and the brand is Dead Cow. I like the gloves now more than ever.

Oh yeah, pistols. I did a few sets of 3 regular ones per side, then later did some reps with my 35 pound kettlebell. Not much weight, but feels like a ton when you're using one tired leg to raise your off balance ass from the ground. I'm starting to really like these things.
    Last edited by Bane; 12-09-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Can we get a video or better explanation of pistols. BTW that Russian dude above is my hero.

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    Nevermind I found a video on YouTube.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    Had kind of a cheat lunch. Well technically it's no-no stuff, but honestly, calling this food a cheat or bad still kind of makes me shake my head a little. I know it's grains and cavemen died eating this stuff when people invented wheat, but man... if this is a cheat and the worst thing I eat all week.... well let's just say I'm doing all right.

Lunch:

Huge chicken breast
    1/2 brown beans w/ Frank's
    1/2 cup wild rice
    1/2 cup peas

Yeah, yeah, rice, grains, carbs, poison, slow death, etc, etc.
    Actually, wild rice is a seed from a species of grass, so no grains there, the worst thing you did is legumes in the peas and beans, but seriously dude, I don't think death is imminent

Monty is offline Senior Member
    I think the legality of the monkey bars is the least of the worries. Anybody else notice the old dude sportin' a blue spedo...at about the 1:30 mark. That would deffinately be illegal in the US/CA.

Bane, ever give any thoughts in attemping muscle ups? Sounds like you got the pull ups down.
    Last edited by Monty; 12-10-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Didn't read the following page...doh!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You're pretty strong if you're doing sets of pistols dude! ass to floor I hope!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Actually, wild rice is a seed from a species of grass, so no grains there, the worst thing you did is legumes in the peas and beans, but seriously dude, I don't think death is imminent
    Sweet! I was thinking rice=grains. Not hard enough to make me stop eating the rice, but I was thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Bane, ever give any thoughts in attemping muscle ups? Sounds like you got the pull ups down.
    Oh, I've given it plenty of thought. The thought is usually "motherfu$%er, why can't I do these?!!" Some day. I can get lots of speed on the up part, I'm just lacking power to complete the muscle part.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    You're pretty strong if you're doing sets of pistols dude! ass to floor I hope!
    Well, they're short sets, but yeah, down as far as my ass lets me. 4 on the left leg, 3 on the right leg. I can do several sets though. Weird that my right leg is weaker - it's my dominant side, and the leg I would use to kick an intruder in the balls/throat with. Hmm.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Pistols are great.

The end.

(of my post)
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Welllll.... rice technically is a grain... I mean, it's in the same grass family, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poaceae , as wheat etc...

But whatever, according to Mark's recent blog post, rice doesn't have many of the scarybad grainy gluteny inflammatory characteristics that we're usually talking about in the primal sense (aside from lots of carbs). So, whatever.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Bane is addicted to carbs!!!

Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast