Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flaming Andromeda's Journal page 2

FlamingAndromeda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi MikkiB,

I like the idea of bento boxes and I'm sure my kids would enjoy that...heck, I'm sure I'd enjoy it!! If I have everything available the kids can make it for themselves...thanks for reminding me! And I shall definitely be checking out your thread!

Tuesday...

Breakfast: two eggs, scrambled with butter and cream...coffee
    Morning tea: handful of almonds
    Lunch: tuna with mayo and a few almonds
    Afternoon snack: bit too much of yesterday's chocolate...and a small piece of the citrus slice I made last night
    Dinner: four morrocan flavoured gluten free sausages...plateful of spinach and some more mayo.

Didn't sleep well last night again...awake, asleep, awake, asleep...hate that! Felt really trashed this morning and all day in fact...Mark's working really late tonight and I'm just waitng for him to get home so I can go to sleep...trouble is he probably won't want to! Hoping for a better sleep tonight or I'll be a cot case tomorrow! Was quite short tempered with the kids tonight too...don't like being like that...two have a show tomorrow night and are quite excited about it...although it means a junk takeaway dinner...not sure what I'll do but there must be something I can find in town.

I've begun chapter three of PB just barely. Found a recipe for homemade mayo which I have yet to make but will as it must be better than what I'm using at the moment...so I'm quite excited about that. Talking more to the kids about it...mentioned the idea of bento boxes and they got all chatty about what they could use...after buying bread and rolls and such...need to be more organised and have meat and vege available to them to use as they would. Some cheese slices, chopped raw vege, cooked sausage or slice of sausage meat, fruit...and make some of those baking recipes I've seen around too.

I weighed myself today...well, I do everyday but I'm not obsessive about it...I've lost some weight, a wee bit...yay!

Now I'm going to try get some sleep.

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, I hate nights like that - I had one myself last night in fact... slept pretty good for 5 hrs then tossed and turned another 1.5 hr before I got up. 2nd night in a row... maybe it's the weather??

One thing you'll notice as you get used to primal eating is you won't need to or even think about snacking. How often and how much you eat is less important than waiting until you are hungry before eating, and stopping when satisfied. Eating this way, is the first time I've EVER forgotten to eat LOL -- in fact some days I never do get hungry, and my only cue that it's time to eat is that I start getting a headache and find it hard to concentrate. that said, don't think that you SHOULD skip meals, either - this WOE isn't about how you "should" eat (besides eating healthful foods!), but about following your body's cues rather than a schedule. At first I had dreadful "food anxiety" and carried around a little emergency kit of macadamia nuts and beef jerky, until I got used to the idea that I wasn't going to be starving and irritable 2-3 hours after a meal

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry about posting your weight. You posted it in kilograms, not pounds, so the Americans -- the majority of the board -- still have no idea how much you weigh. HAHAHA.

I had another one like it last night too...I'm not so trashed today as it's been non-stop on the go until about 20 minutes ago, so no time to feel tired.

I carry a bag of almonds with me now just in case. My job is retail so I can't just hop off the shop floor and get a snack if I need it, so I eat a handful at morning tea time. I should start adding some vege to my eggs at breakfast...but I've never been much of a morning person and two mornings are early starts...I am going to have to just get to bed earlier because i really want this to work! And for the first time in my life I don't feel as I'm being deprived...I can handle some chocolate now and then...

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Don't worry about posting your weight. You posted it in kilograms, not pounds, so the Americans -- the majority of the board -- still have no idea how much you weigh. HAHAHA.
    Good! So really I don't weigh that much then!! So my goal for the mo' is to make to 110...and I won't post the multiplier to coonvert either!!

Wednesday:

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm eating enough. I guess I'll find out soon enough...I started the third chapter today. Still struggling to get my head around the whole body/insulin/whatever the heck you call it thing...gimme a diagram(s) with some explanation and I'll get it so much better...but this is one instance where I get lost in the words and nothing makes sense no matter how many times I read it...I understand enough to know I'm lucky I'm not diabetic or worse already...perhaps my butter and meat habit and water only habit has saved me thus far despite the junk I've put in for most of my 41 point something years. My Dad became diabetic at 65 just after he retired and managed it nicely but he was never overweight like the stereotype that is put around in the media and he was always physically active as well...but I think his over use of artificial sweetener did a number on him...

Anyway food for today...and it's not too pretty!

Breakfast: three eggs, cream and butter...coffee
    Morning tea: handful of almonds
    Lunch: chicken and peanut satay salad on rye...chocolate eclair with whipped cream...coffee
    Afternoon tea: apple
    Dinner: BK triple cheeseburger thing minus the bun...and a bit of Ben's bean patty thing...and a mouthful of his coke.

I didn't get any fish for lunch today and went down the road to the cafe...didn't feel too flash after that!! Then the younger two had their once yearly Art Splash show and tradition dictates dinner out...BK was right down the road from the Town Hall. At least they do a decent tasting meat pattie and while it's not ideal it's not that bad either...especially when you don't eat the bun...learnt that from Tom Naughton on 'Fathead'...he's one of my food heroes...and I blame him entirely for sending me on this food journey this year that has culminated in me ending up here!

And well, tonight while I was eating by bunless burger and my family were looking at me as if I'd come from somewhere far, far away...I kind of let on I'm trying to lose weight...I've never ever mentioned about the issue of weight or weight loss to the kids as I don't think it's healthy to feed in to that pressure that they get about weight...and it's not just girls...my skinny as, got no fat on him son is terrified of getting fat...so he's not eating much other than Weetbix for breakfast...which bothers me. So I have plenty to prove here not just to myself...and turn my family on to it as well. Slowly but steadily I shall transform us all..mwaahaahahahaha!!

Thursday:

And it's becoming same ol', same ol'. I've just had dinner and hit the wall. Really want to just go to bed and sleep.

Breakfast: eggs, butter and cream
    Snack: almonds...then a small piece of a slice and a mini donut...darn morning tea shout...for work I'd done apparently...tried to resist but felt ungrateful!
    Lunch: sardines, mayo and spinach...first time eating sardines...not bad...and coffee to wash away the aftertaste!
    Dinner: lamb ribs, roasted yams and potaotes
    Somewhere in the mix: the rest of that chocolate - might not be such a good idea to have around!

Still reading slowly...although there was conversation in the lunchroom as work today so not so much reading...must away and read for a bit before i have to get up and go to work early tomorrow...hope I sleep better tongiht! I think it may have to do with getting lighter earlier in the morning as we head to spring/summer...thinking of getting a sleep mask to make it real dark! We'll see.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Good morning FA,

What wall did you hit? Hopefully you are going to get some sleep this evening, I am sure you can use it.

Your food looks good from what I can tell.

It may be me but it sounds as if you are a bit down...... what's going on and where do you find yourself struggling with PB? Not sure if I can lend any guidance but maybe I can or even another one of the PB community members.

Hi Tawfunguy,

Thanks for dropping by...the wall I meant was just after dinner I was overcome with tiredness and all I wanted to do was go to bed and sleep!! By the time the kids got to bed I was feeling better and carried on for a bit more.

As luck would have it I didn't sleep much better last night. Was awake from about 4am...hoping not to miss the alarm going off at 5.15. Right now I'm feeling pretty energised despite not eating how I'd planned today...but I have walked a total of 2kms so far and am off soon to go for another walk...taking advantage of half decent weather!

Thanks for your comments...I'm not feeling down as compared to normal...I just have to read the book and try get my head around the science of it all!!

Anyway, I must away and deliver kids all over the place for the weekend!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast