Thread: Everything you ever needed to know about fast food. . . page

rozska is offline Senior Member

Everything you ever needed to know about fast food. . .

Shop Now
    Made me shudder.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/08/...out-fast-food/

Including -- 50% of soda dispensers were found contaminated with fecal matter. . .
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    The moral of the story is don't eat out. Ever.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    McDonalds was my first job as a teenager...after having to clean out the soda machine, I stopped going to fast food. Haven't touched a fast food anything in 8 years. Sooooo grossed out

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    The moral of the story is don't eat out. Ever.
    Hmmm. Sorta throwing the baby out with the bath water. :-)

I try to avoid fast food or go to the better ones like Chipotle. But for various reasons, I sometimes find myself in one. Traveling (esp. with non-primal companions), no other options and not in the mood for IF (hedonist), just plain hungry for 20% food. Hey, it happens.

Most groks seem to fly into a rage over Eat This Not That but it is great at revealing the dark side of the food industry. If you have someone you care about (your mom or dad?) who eats out a lot and just isn't going to do primal any time soon, you can point to this resource. Or you can beat your head against a brick wall nagging them.

Sacramento County has a website where you can read restaurant inspection reports. Maybe your county does too. Looking at all the dozens of McDonalds restaurants (which I avoid for many reasons), only 4 got conditional passes. (The rest got full passes.) Hand washing was an issue in each case. If you look at employees working in a fast food restaurant, you can see that they are under pressure to crank out the food.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rozska View Post
    Made me shudder.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2010/08/...out-fast-food/

Including -- 50% of soda dispensers were found contaminated with fecal matter. . .
    Fecal BACTERIA

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I was disturbed by the azodicarbonamide in the Subway bread, which apparently causes asthma. Thanks, but my lungs don't need any more help with that.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah, the sauce bottles at Subway? They're never, ever, ever washed. Just refilled and hosed off so they look clean.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Bacteria-wise you'd be better off eating the toilet seats than getting ice from the ice machine. The ice machine is *never* cleaned.

Meh. It's practice for the immune system. I don't get particularly fussed about it.