Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canned Pumpkin page

Rivvin is offline Senior Member

Canned Pumpkin

Primal Fuel
    I have come into possession of quite a few cans of organic canned pumpkin.

I want to eat these cans of organic canned pumpkin.

Please help me and give me SIMPLE SIMPLE ways to consume these cans of organic canned pumpkin.

I have made canned organic pumpkin pumpkin pie and all that jazz before, but I know there has to be more uses for this stuff... this canned organic pumpkin. Can I make canned organic pumpkin pancakes with it? Can I make some kind of breakfast canned organic pumpkin porridge with it? Help me use this stuff, because I have a TON of it! And by ton of it, I mean have quite a few can of canned organic pumpkin.

hw1178 is offline Member
    I used to mix it into my oatmeal w/raisins and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Now I do essentially the same thing, but I use greek yogurt instead of oatmeal.

I also add it to my smoothies. I love pumpkin.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    If you have coconut milk that actually thickens or hardens in the frig, mix it up with some pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice, then chill it in the frig for a nice pudding.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Quote Originally Posted by tangentrider View Post
    If you have coconut milk that actually thickens or hardens in the frig, mix it up with some pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice, then chill it in the frig for a nice pudding.
    This sounds pretty much in line with what I expected to do with it. I figured some cold coconut milk, some blueberries/strawberries, and some cinnamon and spices would make it fun to just eat out of a bowl.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    This sounds pretty much in line with what I expected to do with it. I figured some cold coconut milk, some blueberries/strawberries, and some cinnamon and spices would make it fun to just eat out of a bowl.
    Out of a bowl is good. It's also good savory: think curry.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Holy crap I just realized an entire can is only like 175 calories and maybe 25 carbs or so... thats nothing! I'm about to go to town on this stuff, my friends!

I think tomorrow will be a breakfast of 3 eggs and sausage along with a bowl of pumpkin/coconut milk/blueberry porridge!

Oh god I wish I hadn't already eaten dinner or I'd eat breakfast right now!

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    You can make curry pumpkin soup w/ coconut milk, and you can also stir canned pumpkin into chili.

If you want to try baking, you can use this instead of a mashed banana for all of the nut butter brownies or cakes.

I'm jealous, due to the smaller pumpkin crop, none of the grocers here are carrying any canned pumpkin.

Thats why I bought it. I saw them putting it on the shelves... 12 cans. I grabbed all 12 because I am a dick and it's been almost a year since I've seen any in the stores.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    If you can have dairy, mix it with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice and fold it into whipped heaven. Voila, pumpkin pie filling. Don't bake it though, I'm not sure what happens if you heat whipped heaven. If you freeze that filling, it's a damn good ice cream.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

peril is offline Senior Member
    Mix in some olive oil, loads of crushed garlic and as much harissa as you dare for a savoury snack

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast