Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My own journal page

trobi is offline Member

My own journal

I've been on and off the primal diet for a few months now. I have been actively doing the crossfit workout regimen, and have definitely noticed my strength and muscle definition improving, but it hasn't helped me shed any fat. So, I'm going to do my own primal challenge before the real one starts since I don't want to put it off any longer.

I have a journal where I write down my daily diet, but I wanted to have more of a motivator to keep me on track. What's more of a motivator than posting pictures of yourself to strangers? I'll still keep my diet in my own, personal journal, but I'll post new pictures each week so you guys can (hopefully) see my progress.

I don't have too much to lose. Right now I'm at 127lbs and 21% body fat.
    All right, here goes. Week 1:

trobi is offline Member
    Oopsies, just realized I didn't write my title correctly... oh well.

I'll go ahead and post my diet here as well. Here's what my day looked like:

Brunch: 3 eggs with tomato and onion
    Snack: Crabapple with peanut butter
    Lunch/supper: Beef and Broccoli with onion and tomatoes
    Snack: Crabapple with peanut butter
    Later snack: Sunflower seeds and tea

Totals:
    Calories: 1,230
    Fat: 85g (60%)
    Carbs: 62g (20%)
    Protein: 73g (20%)

Workout:
    50 burpees

I'm getting over a cold, so I'm not going too heavy on the workouts for now. And I need to get off my peanut butter addiction... any good substitutes?

trobi is offline Member
    Bleh, I'm bad at updating things. I've been tracking my food on fitday.com and I've been doing pretty well. I had my first crossfit workout in over three weeks, and it sucked balls. Anyhoozle, here's my next updated photo. You can start to see my abs coming through!

Current weight: 125lbs
    Last edited by trobi; 08-19-2010 at 06:44 AM.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Hi there Trobi!

Great idea using FitDay for tracking as it definitely helps! Also, great job with the pics! Yes you can start to see the abs coming through! Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing your update and pics!

trobi is offline Member
    I'm surprised how easy this has been for me! When I tried going primal in the past, I would always get off track with too many sweets, and once I cheated, I gave up for the rest of the day. I can't do the 80/20 rule, I have to stick to it 100%. Right now, what I consider "cheating" is having an extra piece of fruit with some (unsweetened) coconut flakes or nut butter, but I keep that to no more than once a day. The chocolate bars that stare at me while I wait in line at the grocery store are no longer a temptation! And I switched from my normal coffee with hazelnut sweetener to just hazelnut/vanilla tea in the morning. I don't need that extra caffeine boost in the mornings since I have more energy now.

Also, eggs cooked in butter are soooo much better than "healthy" canola oil. This morning I cooked them in coconut oil, and that was surprisingly delicious. I think I'm going to mix my eggs with some cinnamon and vanilla tomorrow morning and try to make some toast-free french toast.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great morning so far Trobi! Keep up the great work!

yogadaily is offline Senior Member
    Hi brave Trobi,
    Love your courage and goals to get stronger!

I'll keep up to see your progress

Take good care,
    Yogadaily

workinhard is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Looking awesome! I just ate the last of my peanut butter and threw the jar away. Will NOT buy anymore, will not buy anymore...

trobi is offline Member
    Shoot, it's been a while. Over the past few weeks I have been in the process of moving 250 miles away, and it's been pretty hectic. I've been sort of off the wagon. I'm trying to get back into it, but it's been hard since I'm living with my folks and my family doesn't eat anything natural besides fruit. Hopefully, I'll get the job I just interviewed for so I can get my own place, and start biking to work (it's only 2 miles away from where I'll be living). I never realized how much being unemployed sucks. I'm so bored during the day, all I want to do is eat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast