Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grease burn page 2

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most of them are healing quite nicely, however there's a place where the blister broke damn near immediately. I'm a bit leery of putting oil or petroleum jelly on something open like that. I've been alternating between leaving it open after burn spraying and loosely covering it after smearing it with honey. Anything else I should try on this open blister?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    As a fry cook for almost ten years, I recieved a LOT of grease burns. Here's my take: One good use for white flour. That's right, I always keep a pan of white flour nearby when cooking in grease. If you stick your burn in it (or throw it on a burn, if necessary) as soon as the grease hits, It'll absorb the grease immediately, minimizing the burn. Do NOT RUB at the burn with flour. once the grease is absorbed, RINSE the flour off with cool water.
    after that, I find Aloe speeds the healing better than anything else I know.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    For the open wound, I'd probably alternate honey & maybe aloe, maybe ResQ. I had a bad burn in March and it's almost completely disappeared, except for the one dang place where the blister opened - that's still mildly visible if you know to look.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    Lavender essential oil, a few drops diluted in pure aloe very gel (which without thickeners is actually very watery). Put it in a small spray bottle and mist your burn a few times a day. Lavender takes the sting out of burns and bug bites, and aloe vera has a cooling effect. Lavender oil also helps promote new skin cell regeneration and lessens scarring.

Asturian is offline Senior Member
    I'll second fresh aloe vera gel.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I just smeared some on straight from the plant and that's helping a lot. I keep forgetting I have one.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    I have a bad bad bad burn on my leg from a motorcycle muffler and I'm using only Manuka honey. I am AMAZED by how well this works.
    Little Saiyan

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Unscientific test: I burned both arms on the side of the oven within a few days. One got neat lavender oil, one got aloe gel; the burn that got aloe gel has gone while the scar's still visible on the other one. It was bigger in the first place - covered a larger area, that is - but not conspicuously worse.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    My choice for any burn is to brew a pot of tea and then take the tea bags, let them cool, and apply them as a poultice to the burn.

Then I drink the tea, of course. If you aren't a tea drinker, just soak some clean cotton (not stringy cotton balls) in the tea and apply that.

Repeat as required.

Works fine.

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aloe gel and vitamin E oil will really help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast