Thread: Hi from Columbus, Tx page

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member

Hi from Columbus, Tx

Primal Fuel
    Greetings, all, I'm a woefully out of condition guy who is trying to get back in condition (notice I don't say shape; round IS a shape) and get back the fitness I had when younger.
    Like anyone in their forties my first dealings with exercise were calesthenics in school gym class, and of course playing (who knew these were workouts back then?)
    In my time I've engaged in Olympic weightlifting, Powerlifting, and Bodybuilding (the old school type, derived from weightlifting, not machines) and trained in several different Martial Arts.
    My wife is engaged in Physical Therapy right now, and she has, after years of resisting, started some exercise herself.
    We first started with a cheapo home gym, which gets used only for the chest press and pulldown now, as she was in such bad condition even bodyweight exercises were mostly beyond her.
    I've been doing bodyweight stuff, the press and pulldown on the machine, and recently discovered Kettlebells, which I wish I'd found sooner, as I believe they are the perfect complement to bodyweight exercises, and I'm contemplating some old time strongman type training, just because I like hoisting iron.
    Haven't actualy gotten into my free Ebooks much yet, but I think this site may be a good fit for me.
    One of the folks at the kettlebell connection (my KB forum) posted a link to this site in reference to our August Pullup Challenge (which I unfortunately am not able to participate in, due to poor conditioning) so I popped on over to check it out.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Welcome onboard. I don't think I'm far from you (when I'm I home), I live North of Houston in the Spring-Woodlands area. Welcome, great bunch of people here.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Thanks, Texas, I have a Neice, Nephew (in law?) and great Neice and Nephew who live in the Woodlads, beutifull area.
    See you on the boards!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Aboard! I'm out in W. TX. Happy Priming!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Selah is offline Senior Member
    Welcome fellow Texan, I'm close to Houston. PB is such a eye opening experience. Read what you can and post often!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    hi there, not from texas but welcome anyways;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! I'm already doing move slowly, waiting for overtraining symptoms to clear so I can test for lift heavy things level (following the new Ebook)

Charlie Golf is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Howdy! NW Houston myself. My parents live just south of Columbus. Schoebel's Pork Chop & Eggs is my Primal Breakfast when I visit my folks!