Thread: Zucchini Gratin and Berries & Cream

Zucchini Gratin and Berries & Cream

Shop Now
    Odd combo, yes, but I was trying recipes for guests yesterday, both turned out great!

Here was the zucchini gratin from food network Ina Gartin(I made grain free adjustments)

And Berries and Cream with a twist, a recipe I stumbled on (I reduced the sugar, could probably sub easily with stevia too)

Highly recommend both of these dishes! Worked out great for a party of 8 when I was the only Primal person there other then my reluctant husband. I made a totally grain free meal and no one missed grains one bit!! Smoked & grilled wings, grilled wild duck breasts (w/bacon, green chilies and cream cheese), deviled eggs, raw veggie munchies, zucchini gratin, followed up the berries & cream. YUM.

I posted a few notes on how I changed the recipes a bit here.

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be trying those!

What grain free adjustments did you make to the zucchini? I have friends coming to lunch tomorrow and I'd love to have this is a side!

Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    What grain free adjustments did you make to the zucchini? I have friends coming to lunch tomorrow and I'd love to have this is a side!
    I used pork rinds crushed up instead of breadcrumbs, and I used arrowroot flour instead of wheat. Although I suspect if you used cream instead of 'milk' and just put in 1/2 a cup you would probably be fine. That was the first time I used pork rinds as a 'crunchy topping', and it worked great!

Shop Now
    Oh, and would suggest lowering the onion amount a bit, and cook the zucch less on the stovetop...it gets overdone really easy (a lot of the reviews of the recipe mentioned that).