Thread: Cranky IFer here. page

chicaMC27 is offline Junior Member

Cranky IFer here.

Shop Now
    Sooooo my friend at work and I have started trying to incorporate the Primal ways into our lives and today we did the Intermittent Fasting. Just to put it out there, Im a girl that likes to eat all day long..allll dayyyy longgggg. I am slim but looking to get into better health and LOVE this site, so when the challenge came through our email we decided to take it on. I HATE IT! I did it, and Im glad I did it, and I will do it again. But holy smokes was I a CRANKY person today. Ill try the IF again to see if it was just today (not that Im ever cranky ) but I am wondering if others have had this same reaction? We only consumed water all day, but - did Grok ever maybe have the missus brew some grass for some "green tea" or anything throughout the day? In addition I got a head ache. I somewhat assume some things change with "practice".
    Thoughts? Words of wisdom?
    Thank you!!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like caffeine withdrawal. You can technically drink tea and coffee on an IF. I wouldn't recommend IFing until you have the eating down, though.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 08-12-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Wow, missing a "not" changes what I meant to say.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bane is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been eating this way? I am doing my weekly IF today, and I honestly have ZERO desire to eat. I feel fantastic. Just did a chinup workout even. I know that it would have been a completely different story 6 or 7 months ago though. I'd have a headache and be miserable by noon.

I have a coffee or two on these days too, btw. I think it's fine.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    It takes some getting used to. Remember to keep eating lots of those good fats to help keep you satiated.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    It's a half hour to supper for me, salmon steaks at the in-laws. If I wasn't going out in a few hours for drinks with a group of friends, I'd probably skip supper too. I still haven't done a 36 hour fast. Man it would be so easy today, I don't even feel like eating... but yeah, drinks later with people I haven't seen in a year... might be too much booze for an empty stomach to handle.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    It's a half hour to supper for me, salmon steaks at the in-laws. If I wasn't going out in a few hours for drinks with a group of friends, I'd probably skip supper too. I still haven't done a 36 hour fast. Man it would be so easy today, I don't even feel like eating... but yeah, drinks later with people I haven't seen in a year... might be too much booze for an empty stomach to handle.
    Drink less....same effect, less $$ LOL I love going out after fasting.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    The longer you have been eating primally, the more your efficient your body is at using fat for fuel during an IF. The time frame that it takes to "train" your body to do this is different for everyone, and is heavily affected by the lifestyle you lead before PB. Like what many of the posters said, it can feel fairly effortless to IF, and your body will let you know when you can, and you don't have to force it. A lot of the benefits of IFing are lost if your body isn't conditioned to do so, and if it causes a good amount of stress. I have done the traditional CW "healthy" lifestyle of eating every 3ish hours and never thought IF was going to be a possibility for me, and now I'm to the point where I don't eat regularly, and just when I'm hungry, and sometimes IF without even realizing it.

There has been so many amazing changes, but this one has brought me the most freedom in my everyday life. Not the IFing specifically, but the freedom from feeling like I need to eat as often as I was.