Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut Bliss page 2

twa2w is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

'Just blend a can of coconut milk with strawberries in a blender and freeze it.'

I'll have to try this - I'll use frozen strawberries and use the Vitamix so I won't have to wait for the freezer :-)

Sounds awesome

Cheers

J

redforevergone Guest

It may be that agave is high in fructose etc., but I don't think a little bit at a time is going to blow one's diet or carb count for the day. I use a 1/2 tbsp in my avocado, coconut milk & coffee shakes. It takes off a bit of the edge of the avocado.

Helen Guest

I took a blender, pureed some ripe mangos, then added 1 quart of organic raw cream and some vanilla. I then put this mixture into my ice cream maker and let it run about 20 minutes. It was one of the best ice creams I have every had and sweet enough for our family. The grandkids loved it and asked to take the rest of it home with them.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

redforevergone; I agree with you, many of my posts here have been trying to get less scientifically literate folks to understand it is not only WHAT but HOW MUCH of these little nasties enter our bodies.

I have to take issue with avocado having an "edge." Huh?

I just had a quarter alligator pear (cracker for Florida type avocado)with fresh lime juice on it. Sprinkled some Xylitol on it, oh my. You can also use Stevia. Look Ma, no fructose! (Or calories!)

redforevergone Guest

I just wanted to say I just blended a cup of frozen blueberries and a 1/2 cup coconut milk and it was delicious

JBraun Guest

I just blended equal parts tropical fruit mix from Trader Joe's (mango, papaya, pineapple with a touch of passion fruit juice) and coconut milk and added a splash of almond extract. I'll let you all know how it turns out. I took a taste and it was super yummy tasting, but I want to see what the texture is like when it's frozen.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

I'm drinking my own Coconut Bliss right now! Just in from pool side.

5 oz coconut milk (emptied the can.)

About double that in club soda.

An ounce "or so" of key lime juice.

Rum to suit.

Yum!

PS, about 600 calories if you are not aware of such things.

Agnieszka Guest

Yum. As I read this, I too, am drinking coconut bliss, so cheers everyone!

It's got strawberries, coco milk, whey powder, some hempmilk, and a splash of kefir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12