Thread: "Magic Shell" for ice cream page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

"Magic Shell" for ice cream

Shop Now
    Most of us indulge in ice cream, coconut milk ice cream, frozen whipped heaven,... some variation of frozen dessert every once in a while. I know I do and I was missing my Magic Shell stuff (you pour it on the ice cream, it hardens up and creates a shell over the ice cream.) I refused to eat it because all the crap in it. Then I got the brilliant idea of coconut oil being solid at that temperature and ran with it.
    Chocolate Magic Shell
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    2 tbsp cocoa powder

Stir to combine, pour over ice cream. I'm sure you could use other flavoring agents, but my go- to is chocolate or chocolate pecan.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the idea! I'll have to try it out soon. I've also thought about this. My first inkling came when making coconut oil chocolates. Then I remembered that the main ingredient in Magic Shell is...coconut oil! Back when I ate the name-brand Magic Shell, I thought the high saturated fat content was bad. Now I know I should have been much more worried about all the sugar and other crap in it!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I like to pour coconut oil on frozen blueberries, to make that nice crunchy coating. It's even better if you mix in some cinnamon.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    whoa, you read my mind! A chef I work with just gave me the same idea a couple nights ago!

kitana is offline Senior Member
    I bet this would make great frozen banannas!

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    * Glorious *
    Thank you.