Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Must See - Bitter Truth On Sugar page 3

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I'll be curious what comes out of that. I've glanced at the label on the bag and was a little surprised in the amount of sugar present. I don't have much left luckily.

SullynNH Guest

Will let you know what I hear back...

grandma is offline Member

Eat food not products. Sorry to be blunt, but why put an engineered product into your body. We know that humans don't know what is good for them

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Lindsey is offline Senior Member

Thank you. What an informative video! I've always maintained that sugar is a poison and never could see the logic behind a low fat high carbohydrate diet

fletchingarrows is offline Junior Member

This lecture rules! I want to send the link to everyone I know, especially my boyfriend who, I swear, lives on Wild Berry Skittles and Lemonheads. He's quite lean so he thinks he's healthy, but I'm fairly sure he's wrong.

Mick Guest

There's perhaps a footnote to this one.

Dr Lustig says that Ancel Keys failed to control for consumption of sugar. However, it seems he may have known ...

It's said elsewhere that Keys actually had figures for other countries that he didn't put on the graph. For example, In Norway the consumption of fat was high but the consumption of sugar was low, and there was a low rate of heart disease. Conversely, in Chile, the consumption of fat was low but the consumption of sugar was high, and there was a high rate of heart disease.

Keys, it's said, deliberately cherry-picked the U.S., Australia, and Great Britain, all high sugar-consumers, and said it was their high fat consumption that was the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4

If this is true, if he did have the data, then he knew. The b*stard threw the data away.

lbd
    lbd is offline Junior Member

Wow, that was a great video! I think this should be shown in every health or anatomy class in America. It is amazing what is available to kids in school. I teach at a school that has a drink machine in every hallway and they feed nothing but brown/yellow/sugary food to kids in the cafeteria. Yet it is all approved by the government. The deceit and manipulation perpetrated by the government and food industry is appalling. They are literally killing us.

The gluten in grains is no better - it too acts like a toxin in the body - yet celiac doctors look for a "cure" in pill form rather than promoting a clean lifestyle like the one in The Primal Blueprint. I'm just glad I realized all of this before the toxins took their toll.

Going to check my cupboards for any hidden fructose...

grandma is offline Member

[quote]

yet celiac doctors look for a "cure" in pill form rather than promoting a clean lifestyle like the one in The Primal Blueprint.</blockquote>

reminds me of the old joke. "doc, it hurts when I do this. Doc says: take 2 NSAIDS and call me in the morning"

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

We have discussed many times in the forum how modern research keeps suggesting that it&#39;s all about the quality of the food, not the quantity. I like how articulate and non-scientist friendly the video is about this topic, thanks Sterling for posting it.

Experiences most of us have when going Primal, such as less hunger and easy weight loss, are apparently very linked to the hormone leptin.

Stephan has some very good posts about it, and this is a good example:

http://tinyurl.com/8ocnnu

For more of his posts about leptin, click here;

http://tinyurl.com/lj2p46

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

SullynNH Guest

Has anyone found the book he mentions by Yudkin, Pure, White and Deadly, be interested in seeing/reading that...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast