Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy here, lookin' to learn about going PRIMAL page

biggrizzly is offline Junior Member

New guy here, lookin' to learn about going PRIMAL

Primal Fuel
    I have been lurking for a few days here, as I was directed to MDA by Mark's book and have found the forum to be very interesting. I'm thinking I can do the Paleo/Primal way of living because I had nearly gone full primal a couple times in the past. I recently turned 50 years old on Aug. 1st and that has marked a major milestone of poor health for me! Regretfully, I am in the worst health of my life and at the heaviest weight that I have ever been. As I have been contemplating over the past couple weeks about reaching 50 years, it really pisses me off that I have let myself get this way, especially after several periods in the recent past where I had lost 75+ pounds only to gain it all back. Yup... the YoYo. Anyhow, I have decided again to approach the weight loss and get in shape for the next 50 years! I'm 5'8" and weighed in at 280 on my Birthday. I need to lose at least 100lbs and actually 120-130 if I want to look ferociously Primal!! LOL

I hope I can stick to this or even a close semblance of the "Blueprint". I'm scared and don't know if I can do without some of the stuff but I have tried it for a few days and so far so good. I have been off of diet cokes for three days now and I think I'm almost over that crappy feeling. I'm moving on to some other challenges of discovering what fits and what does not.

Thanks already for the encouragement and motivation this forum has given me.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggrizzly View Post
    As I have been contemplating over the past couple weeks about reaching 50 years,
    My dad is 76 and went primal fourth of July weekend. You can *totally* do this.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Please-help-me!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ad-Went-Primal!!!!

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    biggrizzly,

Welcome!!!!
    I would also like to invite you over to join, "The Council of Elders" group...we have a lot of fun over there. Just click on, "Community" at the top of the page

AnthonyU is offline Member
    I have been lurking for a few days here, as I was directed to MDA by Mark's book and have found the forum to be very interesting. I'm thinking I can do the Paleo/Primal way of living because I had nearly gone full primal a couple times in the past. I recently turned 50 years old on Aug. 1st and that has marked a major milestone of poor health for me! Regretfully, I am in the worst health of my life and at the heaviest weight that I have ever been. As I have been contemplating over the past couple weeks about reaching 50 years, it really pisses me off that I have let myself get this way, especially after several periods in the recent past where I had lost 75+ pounds only to gain it all back. Yup... the YoYo. Anyhow, I have decided again to approach the weight loss and get in shape for the next 50 years! I'm 5'8" and weighed in at 280 on my Birthday. I need to lose at least 100lbs and actually 120-130 if I want to look ferociously Primal!! LOL

I hope I can stick to this or even a close semblance of the "Blueprint". I'm scared and don't know if I can do without some of the stuff but I have tried it for a few days and so far so good. I have been off of diet cokes for three days now and I think I'm almost over that crappy feeling. I'm moving on to some other challenges of discovering what fits and what does not.

Thanks already for the encouragement and motivation this forum has given me.
    I have been doing this for just under 2 weeks and have dropped 11 lbs already. I'm 52, was 310 lbs to start, type2 diabetic, and a junk food junkie and as you said in the worst shape ever. You can do this if I can. Welcome to this new life! "Grok On" Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
    I have been doing this for just under 2 weeks and have dropped 11 lbs already. I'm 52, was 310 lbs to start, type2 diabetic, and a junk food junkie and as you said in the worst shape ever. You can do this if I can. Welcome to this new life! "Grok On" Anthony
    Anthony et al.

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm on day four and I feel really good today. The worst time for me is in the evening after supper. I start to get antsy and start looking for something to snack on. However, I haven't discovered anything yet that I want to snack on after 9pm before bed, so I chose nothing and went to bed a little earlier than normal.
    I'm losing already too! but I'm sure most of that is water. I'm getting psyched!!

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    @biggrizzly - Welcome to the tribe!

don't know if you've seen this yet, but there is a list of snack ideas here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-snacks/

one of the ideas I saw on another thread and absolutely love is guacamole with bacon chips (cooked bacon that was cut into pieces before cooking) yummmm!

Good luck on your journey.

Steve
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1907 View Post
    @biggrizzly - Welcome to the tribe!

don't know if you've seen this yet, but there is a list of snack ideas here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-snacks/

one of the ideas I saw on another thread and absolutely love is guacamole with bacon chips (cooked bacon that was cut into pieces before cooking) yummmm!

Good luck on your journey.

Steve
    I know this isn't the "Recipe" or "Nutrition" section but what kind of bacon are you guys buying? My store doesn't seem to have anything but the regular Esskay and Gwaltney type stuff.

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    I know this isn't the "Recipe" or "Nutrition" section but what kind of bacon are you guys buying? My store doesn't seem to have anything but the regular Esskay and Gwaltney type stuff.
    @biggrizzly - I buy Applegate Farm bacon. It is pretty "clean" and tasty. I went to the store locator on their website and Food Lion in Prince Frederick, MD carries Applegate Farm products.
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

AnthonyU is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1907 View Post
    @biggrizzly - I buy Applegate Farm bacon. It is pretty "clean" and tasty. I went to the store locator on their website and Food Lion in Prince Frederick, MD carries Applegate Farm products.
    I have been buying Trader Joes bacon. Its nitrate free and tastes pretty good.

shannon is online now Senior Member
    welcome!
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast