Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marie's Journal page 2

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Like me, you don't seem to eat a lot. Do you feel full with the amount of food your eating? I do, but sometimes wonder why I eat so little. My family harps on me about this all time.

Diktynna is offline Senior Member
    Yeah. I don't eat a lot. Truthfully I never have (and yet, I've always been big!) I've complained to doctor after doctor about this: I eat so little, why am I so FAT? And their response, time after time? "It is a simple equation: calorie in vs. calorie out." or "It's just your genes..."

Well, I knew that couldn't be the case. And now I know that the types of foods I ate (especially in the 10 years I was a vegetarian) were terrible for me and caused me to gain 100 (yes, you read that right) 100 lbs. In ten years (and two babies). I thought vegetarians were supposed to loose weight...right? It is SUCH a b*s* scam. With all the data coming out now on HFCS and cortisol and good/bad fats and insulin resistance, I now understand the gain. And also why now it is just falling away.

Just4Me- did you have a lot of weight to loose? Have you had children? I should go and search out your journal and see.

Morning: coffee with raw milk
    Lunch: Big Ass Salad, with tuna
    Dinner: not sure yet. Probably more stew...

No working out today...(maybe some pushups and plank work)

I went away over the weekend to visit my brother and his wife and their new baby. My brother is doing Atkins, so we were on the same page. He is using ketone sticks to monitor carb intake. Mmmm... I never thought of that, but I'm not so interested in peeing on a stick every day. I just want to eat well and workout and let nature take its course.

I lost 2 more lbs over the weekend, despite spending 5 hours driving (i.e. sitting) and not working out.

Eating has been the same: big ass salad yesterday for dinner. Lunch was beef patties (2 of them) and some grilled veggies (onions, peppers, squash)

Workout today was walking a mile and then some weight work. I upped the level of the plank work from the easiest level 2. It was definitely harder. I did 30 squats with a 6 lb medicine ball/arms outstretched. 20 Level 1 pushups. I also did upper body machine work.
    Down almost 40 lbs. 70 to go.

I haven't posted in awhile, just from sheer business. Nothing much has changed, although I didn't go to the gym as much (my daughter has been sick and I didn't want to put her in the kid-care room). I've lost another 2 lbs. I did cheat last night and eat a gluten-free muffin I made for my daughter...it was a small cheat, sweetened with dark chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Diktynna View Post
    Just4Me- did you have a lot of weight to loose? Have you had children? I should go and search out your journal and see.
    I have two kids (1st = 27 & 2nd = 11!). I started at 184 lbs. Before gaining all the weight, I used to average around 125 give or take a few pounds. I'm at 149 now. I don't want to be that 'thin' again. I'm aiming for a healthy 135 because I'd like to 'see' some muscle!

Congrats on the losses!! You go, Girl!

Stacking two cords of wood is definitely a primal workout.

I would say so! Are ya sore today?
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Really, really sore. Can barely bend my arms sore. But, it will pass. I took today as a rest day, and tomorrow I'm going for a long walk with the kiddos and a friend. I have four cords of wood more to go! (We heat our house with wood and burn 6 - 8 cords a winter, and still have 3 out back.)

I just bought my house last year. I have a gorgeous fireplace! I used the hell out of it last year and will do so again this year. It saves quite a bit of money and I get my exercise at the same time! (Duh! Like you didn't know this!) Not to mention, it's primal as hell sitting cozy next to the fire!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ours is a wood burning stove and it heats the entire 2000 sf and 3 stories of this rickitty old (250 yrs old) house. My husband complains endlessly about the work of the stove, but I love it. It keeps me "lifting heavy things" daily throughout the winter, and warm and cozy for almost no money. It's GREAT.

So, I'm feeling a little low, because I have gained back about 3 lbs, although nothing much has changed eating wise. I went away over the weekend to in-laws and wasn't very active. I'm trying to just ignore the mild setback and "chin up." I haven't had bacon in several days. Maybe that's the problem. :-) Anyway, coming here always gives me motivation to keep going :-)

Breakfast/Lunch (at 11:30): spinach omelet with 2 sausage links, coffee with heavy cream
    Early Dinner (5:30): grass-fed hamburger, cauliflower/broccoli roasted with garlic
    Snack (10:00) - I was uncharacteristically hungry, so I had a bowl of raw-milk yoghurt with a touch of honey.

No work out today, but I did get the car detailed and run other errands, visit with friends, and do homeschooling stuff with my kids.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast