Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats your favorite farmers market treat? page

shannon is offline Senior Member

whats your favorite farmers market treat?

it's summertime and my family loves going to the market. i enjoy the raw cheese selection while my husband just adores the grass fed ice cream. my girls had some juicy peaches today and i had to pry their little hand off of 'em LOL;-)

so i'm just wondering what you guys enjoy getting @ your local farmers market.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Peaches! We love them cut up and covered with full-fat oraginc heavy whipping cream.
    I also like yellow tomatoes and cucumbers.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Cambodian food, wine tasting, Chinese sesame balls, Cuban sandwiches, fresh-squeezed orange juice, samosas... oh, you mean a primal treat?? =P

I bought a duck from the farmer's market and cooked it last week, that was a fun treat. It's a treat just to look at this booth every week: http://www.earlymorningfarm.com/emf_ifm.html It always looks AT LEAST that pretty. I wonder how much work they put into just setting it up.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

mayness: that is beautiful. absolutely beautiful. tear. LOL!
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Squash blossoms!!! Stuffed with goat cheese, breaded in a thin batter made from chestnut flour, water and egg - then rolled in almond meal and deep fried. Comfort-food goodness! (fortunately squash blossoms are not available for long )

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Fiddleheads in the spring and cousa squash right now. Buttered cousa squash has the aroma and taste of corn (which I used to like but now don't eat) with the same nutritional profile as zucchini.

What I really enjoy about the farmer's market is the aroma of all the fresh produce. Never have I noticed any aromas wafting from the produce in grocery stores. Not ever. The farmer's market is a wonderful treat for the eyes and the nose.

yeah, i like the energy of the market. everyone is happy and polite unlike the grocery stores:-( thank god i don't have to go there anymore!

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    Well it's winter here so I gotta go with the guy that sells locally grown chestnuts and sells them in scrunched up brown paper, hot off the coals - awesome. (not terribly primal very carby but I don't care!)

sounds really nice. never had chestnuts. i'm almost looking forward to the cooler weather so we can indulge in some stews and soups;-) kind of miss wearing sweaters and jeans too LOL

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Peaches!
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast