Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is air conditioning primal? page

whiteblackred is offline Junior Member

Is air conditioning primal?

My guess is no, but is there a real benefit to going windows open as most of the country is suffering through heat waves? What about heat?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    It's just air that gets blown around by a fan. Seriously, who give a damn if its primal or not. If I told you oxygen wasn't primal because it was more pure in Grok's day, would you stop breathing?

Next someone is going to ask if they should eat their boogers. Oh wait. Nevermind.

Edit: I found a solution:

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    It's just air that gets blown around by a fan. Seriously, who give a damn if its primal or not. If I told you oxygen wasn't primal because it was more pure in Grok's day, would you stop breathing?

Next someone is going to ask if they should eat their boogers. Oh wait. Nevermind.

Edit: I found a solution:

hahaha. thank you for putting this out there. I'll be damned before I stop using my central air when it's 95 with 90 percent humidity because Grok couldn't turn on A/C. He didn't use a computer either...quick shut down the forum

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    We are so spoiled in this day and age. I was on a short camp out with my son's cub pack and a couple of the kids were just whining about the heat constantly. It was just in the 80's at the time and not really that big of a deal really. It's up on the 100's right now where I am so, I won't be turning the my AC off either, but at least I know that I've got it good. I'll take the warm weather any day over freezing cold.

Primal Playmate is offline Junior Member
    @ Rivvin That is so funny- I was thinking the same thing about the boogers yesterday when I was reading the annoyance thread.

While air conditioning is not inherently primal, the movement towards shade and cool breezes is. If the need to minimize stress is a priority, avoiding intense heat is part of that in my opinion.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteblackred View Post
    My guess is no, but is there a real benefit to going windows open as most of the country is suffering through heat waves? What about heat?
    Windows are not primal either. LOL Unless one wants to go off in the wilderness to live, most things in our lives are not primal. When it's hot and humid, turn the A/C on.

What might be primal is trying to be green as much as possible but that's another thread.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Grok could sleep in the shade or swim in the river anytime it was too hot. We are stuck in the city so we are very glad for AC.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    A/C and recirculated air labors my breathing. I love the heat. I also love the cold.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I think one's ability to deal with more extreme temps is an indication of being physically robust, however. But just because a physically fit person can deal with higher temps, does not mean they want to do so.

Grok would be eating twinkies, sitting in a laz-y-boy, drinking beer, in an environmentally-controlled room and never exercising if he had the option. WE ARE GROK, GROK IS US.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

rucker_z is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think AC has made people a lot less heat-tolerant. It's getting so folks are only comfortable within a small parameter of temperatures, they can't take the heat in the summer and and they can't stand the cold in the winter. So we just huddle inside in our artificial environments. AC is just another one of those modern conveniences that is contributing to the overall wussification of Americans in my opinion. Something's wrong when you can't hack the elements wherever you are and can only be comfortable in some canned-air environment. That's about as non-primal as you can get.

I live in an area with high humidity where it gets to be in the 90s and above quite frequently in the summer. You just learn to deal and find ways to keep cool. That said, on those really hot days I do appreciate walking into an air conditioned store and spending time in that cool, refreshing environment. I just don't want to have to rely on that for my overall comfort.

On a related topic, I'm learning to increase my cold tolerance by taking cold showers every day. It really does seem to be working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast