Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frozen veggies page 2

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yup...I use loads of frozen veggies since it helps me waste less. I live alone, and tend to buy way more than I can consume and end up throwing a bunch of lovely veggies out each month. I'll have the best of intentions to cook up a storm, and then come home from work tired and just eat a package of beef jerky for dinner. ;-)

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    I have just recently found my sweet spot for getting the proper amount of veggies that I will eat in a week.

How do you keep frozen veggies tasting good? Any tricks? Every time I have bought frozen they end up all soggy when I microwave them. Reminds me of a meal at Subway with "fresh veggies".

Primal K@ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mav3rick View Post
    Every time I have bought frozen they end up all soggy when I microwave them. Reminds me of a meal at Subway with "fresh veggies".
    Maybe try blanching them on the stove top. I find the microwave zaps most food to a completely new texture, hence soggy veggies. Just boil some water and throw them in for a minute or 2. Should be good to go!

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    I like frozen Spinach portions - very handy to microwave for 30 seconds and beat into an omlette or add to a soup. (You have to check country of origin here in Oz, to check it's not from China.)

Despite concerns about processing and transport, some think that the economy of scale can make non-local food a reasonable choice, not only in difficult/cold areas, but in other places too. The small local farmers aren't always the ecologically sound choice.

Primal K@ is offline Member
    Yeah, I've seen frozen vegetables from China, too. Do you think there is really anything to worry about? I notice one of the Organic brands are from China and I have purchased them before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12