Thread: Need help with the Lady of the House page

Maro is offline Junior Member

Need help with the Lady of the House

G'day,

I've been Primal for around 5 months now. Doing well (16Kg loss) but am still aiming at about 5Kgs more to go.

The girlfriend is in the typical diet frenzy mode - trying them all then failing. I've tried to get her to commit to Primal as she can definitely see the results on here.

The issue is that she falls off the wagon at work and then comes out with the "maybe it doesn't work for me".

It's work that kills it as I cook Primal food at home every night/weekend.

I've tried explaining that it's not possible that she's immune to it.

Any other ideas?

I think she does want to do it but is nervous

AnthonyU is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maro View Post
    G'day,

I've been Primal for around 5 months now. Doing well (16Kg loss) but am still aiming at about 5Kgs more to go.

The girlfriend is in the typical diet frenzy mode - trying them all then failing. I've tried to get her to commit to Primal as she can definitely see the results on here.

The issue is that she falls off the wagon at work and then comes out with the "maybe it doesn't work for me".

It's work that kills it as I cook Primal food at home every night/weekend.

I've tried explaining that it's not possible that she's immune to it.

Any other ideas?

I think she does want to do it but is nervous
    Hey Maro, there isn't really anything you can do for her. She has to be ready to fully commit to being Primal. I have only been at this for 11 days now but I was ready to do something to change. My wife would pack a "healthy" lunch for me and I would eat off the coffee truck and stop on the way home for junk, i.e. candy, pastry, donuts, burgers, etc. So it is really her choice. More you fight her on it, the more she will fight you.

Mica is offline Member
    If she is anything like most women who've been on diet after diet, she's got a lifetime of negative self-talk - and issues with body image and self-esteem. If she's really serious about losing weight, she has to BE serious, and not sabotage herself at work. She's no doubt got some scripts running in her head that somehow make it "ok" for her to "fall off the wagon" at work and somehow that does not equate with not following the diet. I agree with AnthonyU, you can't make it work for her. She has to sort out her issues for herself and decide that she's going to commit, no excuses.

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    Continue leading by example. Overtime, she may get serious.

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    What's happening at work? Is this just eating badly at lunch, or something more like shift work, or they have plates of Madge's brownies on the conference table all the time.

It's true that if she's not ready, nothing you do will change that and if you push too hard, she's likely to back even further off, BUT...if she's willing but still facing situations she doesn't know how to handle, I'm sure we all can come up with some strategies if I we know more about the problem.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Maro is offline Junior Member
    I think sadly it's the "Girl" thing. She mentioned dieting, then when you say something, you get the "Am I Fat" conversation! LOL.

I simply say, "I looked at the photos after my Spanish Holiday and realised I was a fat bastard! I'm not doing it anymore!"

She's going to do it but I think she's scared of the High Fat thing. It messed with my head at first.

Work in an office - there are always cakes/biscuits etc.

I'm not super strict all the time but I make the effort during the working week and it seems to work .