Thread: dealing with temptation page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

dealing with temptation

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I have a new "working" theory. This is great for all of you bingers out there. When Im going to be in a bad situtaion nutritionally speaking , I choose to make that my IF day. Yesterday I took the family to "Hersheypark" (amusment / theme park), I went into it knowing all of the temptations there. So I ate a big breakfast @ home, went to the park, & Fasted the day away knowing I couldnt eat. That made it very easy. Try it some time if that is a normal downfall of your plan. All of this while watching my kids take full advantage of all the park had to offer.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    I'd almost certainly do the opposite, but then I almost never go off the rails, so I view situations like that one as an opportunity to let my hair down.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    My variation:
    When I know I'm going somewhere full of wonderfully horrible foods, I'll do what research I can beforehand and then at the place to figure out what the "best of the worst" is. I'll eat that and one of the "forbidden" foods that doesn't cause too much issue. The reason for that second one is it acts as a caveat: I'm not outright denying myself the heinous foods and thus creating cravings, but I'm also not eating everything anti- Primal in sight either.
    Example:
    Generally (even pre- PB) when I go the local or state fair, I'll research the foods available and do some quick scouting when it's meal time. I'll pick something like chili or Fajitas, and later will survey the "dessert" options. I know what sets off my reactions, but I'll usually indulge in part of a funnel cake or whatever the latest deep fried heart attack is (last year was fried oreos). I realize it's not the best food for me, but one of the most fun parts of the fair is the food.
    Somewhere like Six Flags? I'll pack a cooler and haul it with me. Leave it in the car, go in, have fun, get hungry, come out with re-entry stamp, and chow down. Return when full.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i've done this before--by accident--by fasting on a day where i go to a meeting or party with tons of tempting food. it's really helpful when you're turning down everything instead of just the cookie tray.
    do you think it's possible/polite to do that at a wedding? i'm in one this weekend, so i have the rehearsal dinner, post party, barrage of food on the wedding day, the reception, and another post party...lots of choices to make.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    i've done this before--by accident--by fasting on a day where i go to a meeting or party with tons of tempting food. it's really helpful when you're turning down everything instead of just the cookie tray.
    do you think it's possible/polite to do that at a wedding? i'm in one this weekend, so i have the rehearsal dinner, post party, barrage of food on the wedding day, the reception, and another post party...lots of choices to make.
    Id say weddings are so busy that no one will notice if you choose a salad rather than bread or rice.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Since I have no "Off" switch, I function @ my best when I never turn it on. Once the apps start rolling out, I would definetly over eat. We all deal with this thing differently. However I still will not be tempted by grains at all.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter