Thread: Hello from Reno, NV page

IdeaRevolutions is offline Junior Member

Hello from Reno, NV

Good day, my name is Amanda Clark, and I hail from beautiful Reno, NV. I am new to the concept of primal/paleo eating and the primal lifestyle. I am a full-time student at the University of Nevada Reno, getting my BA/BS in Economics while also pursuing my MBA. In addition to my studies, I work full-time on the graveyard shift (11pm-7am).

I'm 25 years old and have always had issues with my weight bouncing around. After being put on antidepressants, I gained nearly 80lbs in about 4 months. I have lost about 50lbs of that through "traditional" dieting and running like crazy, but I fell out of the habit because I hated the endless time spent on an elliptical machine. I have maintained my current weight, but I just want to get healthy and cut the majority of the fat off of my body.

I would appreciate any tips you wish to throw my way!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Hi Amanda! Welcome to the MDA Forum!

I could give you countless tips - really. I refer to the 3 P's often with anything in life - especially the Primal Lifestyle - 4 P's!

Passion, persistence, patience.

Have a passion for this lifestyle. Read the primal blueprint and understand it. Spend time in this forum everyday - even if its 10 minutes. Follow all the laws - especially Play since many of us forget about it. Become enthusiastic about this lifestyle and share it with others.

Never give up. No matter how much weight you lose keep living this lifestyle. If you struggle then change a few things. The primal lifestyle is ideal for everyone because it is how we evolved. We are who we are because of how we ate, moved, slept, etc. The primal lifestyle is based on this! So, be peristent!

And, have patience. You will NOT lose 30 lbs. in 30 days. That is stupidity. Go for 5 lbs. in a month or something and just do your best. Listen to your body as much as possible and only eat when you are hungry. When you eat, make sure it is always primal approved foods. Do remember the 80/20 rule though - you can cheat once in a while. But, I rarely do because I don't need to!

Let me know if you have any questions at all. Drop me a PM - visit my blog and leave a comment or ask away in this thread.

Good luck!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

IdeaRevolutions is offline Junior Member
    Primal Toad -- thank you! I started on the path because a co-worker is basically on the strict Paleo Diet. I love this so far. it's so easy, and it's amazing that I feel so much more energy. The big test, if you will, will come when I start school. I can already see that the difference. It's not just about losing weight, it's about getting healthy.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    hi there, welcome;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers