Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Feel Bad For My Father page 2

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm trying to convince my parents to give up the soy stuff and it might be working.
    They've started to ad a little more fat and chicken to their diet.

Baby steps

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Yeah lay off the old man. Simply ask him to save the yolks for you, instead of throwing them away. Think about it from his perspective, and you'll realize how preachy you sound.
    Amen. My mom is almost 84. She's been diabetic for 30 years and controlled it nicely with meds and diet. She is doing great and her morning biscotti makes her happy. Taking it from her would be bad for her health. We know this from when she runs out and the stress causes her to drive in traffic she can no longer handle.

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Simply ask him to save the yolks for you, instead of throwing them away.
    That was my thought as I read the initial post. The thought of a perfectly good egg yolk circling the drain seemed so tragic. I kept thinking of all the things I could do with that yolk.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I guess I forgot to mention that he shared the eggs with his lovely wife. So, no it was not 3 whole eggs. He probably had half - 2.5 egg whites and 1.5 egg yolks. What did he have along with it? Toast......

Thanks for your comments though. I have become more and more patient recently. And, they are heading in the right direction. My mother used to cook fake meat vegan food 2-3 times per week at least. She probably did that 3 times last month! I of course cooked my own food during that time.

Baby steps...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    This morning I got a newsletter via email from Dr Mercola talking in detail about the cholesterol myth, why we need it in our bodies and demystifying the readings we get from blood tests. Have a look and maybe print it out for your dad. I'm going to print it off and send it to my dad.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mizski View Post
    The thought of a perfectly good egg yolk circling the drain seemed so tragic.
    Tragic? Really? You were being facetiously melodramatic, no?
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    One of my pastured eggs had two yolks in it this morning! Bonus! I eat three eggs with veggies in pastured butter most mornings - though I share with my two toddlers, so I might get two of the eggs if I am lucky...

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Well said everyone.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadgal View Post
    This morning I got a newsletter via email from Dr Mercola talking in detail about the cholesterol myth, why we need it in our bodies and demystifying the readings we get from blood tests. Have a look and maybe print it out for your dad. I'm going to print it off and send it to my dad.
    I am subscribed to his newsletter as well. I have not read the article yet but it caught my eye. I guess I will have to read it asap! I am not sure if I am going to show my dad though.... I'll think about it.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel bad for your father too.

You must be such a disappointment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast