Thread: Mark Demonizes Fat and Calls grains Healthy! page

BigBeck89 Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3YWOY5MGNk

Assuming he did to be politically correct...

musajen is offline Junior Member

I kinda got the feeling he was matching his message to the intended audience. Plus the video is over a year old and I think his views have changed somewhat since then - he hasn't always been primal - based on his website, I think it's a fairly new topic for him as well - something he's delved into over the past couple-three years.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Oh please.

I'm pretty sure he didn't go on that show to push the PB lifestyle, but to clear up some myths that regular, grain-eating, fat-fearing consumers believe about the food industry.

My family believes grains are good. Instead of pushing them to never eat it, I'd rather educate them about making better choices about their grains.

Somebody needs to get a life.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Wow DR way to be rude.

Anyway, besides that comment I agree with the two posts above. I think if he pushed PB then the general audience would just write him off as an eccentric, crazy man. This is how I got into PB, small steps like only whole grains and such. Then the [seemingly, to me] natural progression will be to just ditch the grains or be highly selective about them.

I mean heck... education is education. If youre going to eat the stuff just make sure your not getting totally devoid-of-anything-good calories.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Well, the OP sounded rude, as if to say "Ah-ha!" and I was feeling cranky.

Other than being a "gotcha," what's the point of posting this?

Well, true. I think it is a shining example that everyone comes from somewhere. Like I said, maybe Mark is going for the "baby steps" approach for the GP.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

BigBeck89 Guest

Why would I have bought the PB book, changed my lifestyle, and joined this forum if I was out to get Mark or something like that? Some people seriously don't think things through before they speak (or in this case type). I posted it simply because 1) was an interesting piece of history involving this site 2)shows mark has been researching nutrition and health for a long time 3) shows that eve if he did once follow CW, he has obviously found his reasons to divert(he didn't just ignore the counter-arguments) 4) it shows how the media forces people to cater their views or be crucified.(similar videos can be found of Dr. Eades having to watch what he says)

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Well said, BigBeck.

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Let me chime in here, everyone.

That video was part of a tv show I produced about 4 years ago.

Tara tootie hit the nail on the head. Although I began formulating the Primal Blueprint many years ago (heck, I formed my company "Primal Nutrition, Inc." about 12 years ago) I have really honed in on the health and fitness philosophy in the last few years (as anyone that has been a long time MDA devotee probably understands).

If you go back far enough you'll find me running 15 miles and eating a gallon of ice cream every day. It took me 30 years to get to where I am now. So yes, baby steps it is.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Haha my next "baby" step is to workout more regularly! Heres to it!

Bigbeck: Hey you got Mark to post! Awesome.