Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Back on Bare Feet - Longtail's Journey page 3

Longtail4711 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I meant if there is a call for bi-lingual translators. I worked with a lot of reports that were transcribed from Spanish, and I see courses for Spanish MT. So I was wondering if it'd make me more valuable. It probably would anyway though. If nothing else, I could be a translator for a hospital or clinic who needs someone to explain things to a Spanish speaking individual.

I know I'd really enjoy MT work. I'm so sad to hear that they want to offshore it. Maybe, hopefully, at the rate the Rupee is climbing in value, it won't be a cost-effective solution soon.

Breakfast: A few ounces of cold pork

Lunch: Bowl of yogurt with blueberries and handful of nuts.

Dinner: Salad with bleu cheese dressing (fished out the croutons), BBQ half rack of ribs from Claimjumpers with a side of asparagus and roasted vegetables.

Snacks: Glass of juice with club soda

I barely made a dent in the ribs. I'll freeze them for later. Mostly I chowed on the veggies at dinner because that's what I really wanted.

I've been taking pictures of myself. I took the first front and side shots when I started and took them again one week later today. There is already a NOTICEABLE change in my physical appearance. My face is defining more, and my belly has shrunk a bit.

Onwards!!!!

Breakfast: Banana smoothie with protein powder. A few shrimp. A few black berries.

Lunch: Shrimp, two tsps of CLO, a tomato, and a cup of tea with milk and a tsp of honey

Dinner: Spaghetti squash bolognese with a few shreds of mozzarella cheese.

Snacks: Strawberries

I think the BBQ sauce from yesterday kind of messed me up. I didn't have very much (just literally a few bites), but I had the runs last night and now feel kind of bone-achey exhausted today. I slept really late.

I'm still keeping exercise at a mute because it's still bloody hot. Things will be better later this week though.
    Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-16-2010 at 09:59 PM.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Shrimp, fruit and a banana smoothie...That's some combination! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Shrimp, fruit and a banana smoothie...That's some combination! :-)
    Aaaaaack! I meant I had a banana smoothie. I also had some shrimp and a few berries on the side!

Though I may have to try a banana berry shrimp smoothie at some point. I have a knack for weird concoctions. I made sardine ice cream once and it turned out pretty good! Bananas are also really tasty in marinara sauce and on pizza.

Breakfast: Leftover steak, tomato, strawberries

Lunch: IF

Dinner: Leftover spaghetti squash bolognese with a few shreds of mozzarella cheese

Snacks: few squares of chocolate, tall glass of organic mango lemonade

Today was pretty quiet. Last of the hot days, thankfully. I got a lot of work done on commissions and comics.

I had a BAD carb craving that I was thankfully able to stave off with dark chocolate. I hope those cravings go away soon. They sap so much energy. I've still got a week or two to go to get off carb flu.
    Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-18-2010 at 11:24 AM.

Breakfast: Tsp. COL, part of a pork chop, mixed dark leafy green salad

Lunch: A few slices of roast beef deli meat and a slice of cheese

Dinner: tsp. of COL, bacon, eggs, half an avacado

Snacks: 2 cups of coffee with a splash of milk and two packets of Splenda, few squares dark chocolate

OK, turns out my carb craving yesterday wasn't from adjusting to less carbs, but from menses starting. Which is a shock, because normally I KNOW when that's gonna happen. But the carb craving was sort of...it. Another perk of this lifestyle, I hope? Reduction in PMS symptoms?

I ended up drinking a tall glass of organic mango-lemonade. Lots of sugar, but was good for me too. Could have been worse, I could have eaten the Milky Way or Twix I have sitting in my drawer.

Getting dressed this morning, I am really seeing how my body is changing. I have DEFINITELY lost inches and I can see my figure coming back along with my face. I don't own a scale, so I'm going by what I see. And I LIKE what I see.
    Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-18-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Haven't had much to say lately, but I've been watching your blog here. Huh, so your period started with less drama? Interesting! After I'm done with this baby and off birth control (gonna get fixed) I wonder what mine will be like... who knows!

Great idea to take the front and side pics. A lot of folks seem to plan to do that but don't get around to it.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Breakfast: Pork chop

Lunch: Salad, tall glass of milk, and several small primal chocolate chip cookies

Dinner: Bacon, avocado half, roma tomato, 2 tsps. COL

Snacks: cookies

I decided to try out my new almond flour I got. I found a recipe for primal chocolate chip cookies, and they came out REALLY good. Very earthy and rich and satisfying. Still not the healthiest primal food, but still much better than conventional! Hey, it's that time of the month, chocolate is considered a legitimate food group.
    Last edited by Longtail4711; 08-19-2010 at 07:13 PM.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds great! Would you mind sharing the recipe with all of us?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast