Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good bye primal blueprint page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Good bye primal blueprint

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just wanted to announce that I am no longer following the PB. For the past month I have been eating tons of food to fuel my training, and eating sweet shit really helps. I still eat all natural, gluten-free/lactose-free, though. But I now eat lots of fruits, white rice, lentils, soaked oats, and the occasional organic candy bar. On top of that I still eat tons of meat, eggs (back to 12 a day), butter and olive oil. My macro breakdown is about 40/30/30 F/P/C.

I'm not killing myself am I? I am still better off than CW?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I'm betting you're still better off than most. Good luck in your ventures!
    I grok, therefore I am.

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    if you train hard you have to eat more carbs, right? it's not primal and maybe not the best best you could do, but you're still better off than sitting on your butt eating McD's and cocoa puffs.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Are you still going to be hanging out in the forums?

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    well besides the lentils, oats, candy, and rice you are still eating pretty healthy, so more power to you duder.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Homemade lentil stew over white rice with butter is crazy good You're young, you're avoiding the worst stuff, you'll be more than fine. Don't worry, just don't let it be a slippery slope and get back into fried foods, gluten, etc...
    And, if you feel like you've gotten everything you can from your book then donate it to your local library so you can help others

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    But I now eat lots of fruits, white rice, lentils, soaked oats, and the occasional organic candy bar.
    I know what Robb Wolf would say - that if you needed more carbs for whatever you were doing you could eat yams or sweet potatoes. So you don't actually need to eat the grains and legumes. That said, I suppose there's no agreement about just how harmful, or not, some of these anti-nutrients in grains and legumes are, and you are soaking them.

I guess you could rigorously eliminate the grains and legumes for a month and then challenge yourself, say, with a darn great bowl of oatmeal porridge and see if you get a reaction ... and so on through these foodstuffs. Then you know either way. I find a bowl of porridge even when properly soured will sometimes (not always) give me a sneezing fit, and that used to happen even without using an elimination/challenge protocol, so I guess I probably am best to avoid it. (Beer does the same thing to me - worst luck.) Maybe you're OK on oats.

Actually, maybe it's worth pre-ordering Robb's book. He may well have some specific advice for endurance athletes in it:

http://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Solution.../dp/0982565844

On the fruit, I guess it depends what "lots" means. Who'd want to totally forgo it? But it is high in fructose, so it's best not to go totally mad on it. Fructose can have some nasty effects on the body - particularly the liver:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

On top of that I still eat tons of meat, eggs (back to 12 a day), butter and olive oil. My macro breakdown is about 40/30/30 F/P/C.

I'm not killing myself am I? I am still better off than CW?
    I think food quality - in effect, micronutrients - is more important for health than macronutrient ratios. So long as you're getting enough of the right fats and enough fat-soluble vitamins I'd guess you'd probably be fine on that even if a different ratio would be better in some absolute sense.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

On the fruit, I guess it depends what "lots" means. Who'd want to totally forgo it? But it is high in fructose, so it's best not to go totally mad on it. Fructose can have some nasty effects on the body - particularly the liver:
    Thank you for having a moderate outlook on fruit.

I say that because I consume a helping of blueberries and strawberries daily. Sometimes I will substitute peaches for the strawberries, but 90% of the time it's those berries. I wish more people here would understand that fruit doesn't have to be demonized and can in fact be a daily food.

I guess one of the reasons many here don't have a moderate idea on it is due to being severely overweight, but I think that healthy people can make fruit a daily food without issues.

Maybe I am alone in this

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Lewis: I haven't had oatmeal in over one year. A few days ago I had it for breakfast and I felt perfectly fine. Same thing for the rice, beans and lentils. None of that stuff seems to bother me now that I have reintroduced it after months of going without it. However I seem to have some problems with gluten and dairy so those are out forever.

Yeah I'll still post around the forums, this is a great place to learn and share experiences.

My fruit intake is usually 2 bananas a day and some raisins. I also have some organic raw honey (what I call "candy" lol) and I eat about 1 tbsp a day.

Thanks all for the reassurance.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    I wish more people here would understand that fruit doesn't have to be demonized and can in fact be a daily food.
    Watch who you're calling a fruit there, paly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast