Thread: Recipe for homemade taco seasoning? page

carolanne88 is offline Member

Recipe for homemade taco seasoning?

Primal Fuel
    So my hubby made tacos last night for the family and I decided I would have a taco salad. Uh, no.....I looked at the ingredient list for the seasoning and guess what? Wheat flour and MSG. Great! So, does anyone have a good seasoning recipe for tacos?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Cumin, coriander (optional), chili powder, paprika, cayenne, black pepper, garlic, jalapeno, and onion until it smells right. For a pound of meat, I usually use a couple tbsp chili powder, a tsp paprika and cayenne, 1.5 tsp cumin, 1/2 an onion, diced, 6-8 cloves garlic (most folks'd only want 2 or 3 cloves) 2 jalapenos and salt and pepper to taste.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

carolanne88 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
    Thank you! It looks wonderful! So do you normally use the entire recipe for 1 lb. ground beef, as you would a normal seasoning packet?

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    It's close. You could just mix up one batch and try it out to make sure it's palatable, but I like to use just a LITTLE bit more (1 tsp more) than what the recipe makes. I mix up a whole bunch of it and use about 3T/lb.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    This is the one I use: http://www.food.com/recipe/kittencal...ning-mix-76616

That whole recipe is probably about the right amount for 1.5 lbs... I'm not entirely sure, I make a big batch and just add it to taste. I usually add a little tomato paste to my taco meat, as well.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I take the KISS approach. Good quality smoked paprika to taste. A bit of chipotle powder if I want to "kick it up a notch."

I have been eating Mexican food for most of my 67 years. Smoked paprika/chipotle is all I need.