Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly CW nutritionist page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Silly CW nutritionist

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Current news story about Michelle Obama doing cleanses where she eats only veggies for a couple days. ". . . when you start adding things like sugars into your diet, you start craving them. And the more you eat, the more you crave." Maybe not exactly how we would cleanse, but on the right track.

Heather Mangieri, a registered dietitian and spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association, said of a cleanse such as the one described by the first lady: "I definitely wouldn't recommend it because you're missing food groups." While missing food groups for a couple of days may not result in deficiencies, she said, "it's really not necessary. You can still feel good by having a balanced diet," eating whole foods and removing processed foods and saturated fats."

Note carefully: I will not get into a political thread.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    What else do you expect, the food pyramid is, after all, officially recommended by, and funded from, the government.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    my fav... balanced diet

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    my fav... balanced diet
    I.e., lots and lots of grains.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Biggest US crops = corn, soy, wheat.

of COURSE they want you to eat it. Then you get sick. But dont worry! We have lots and lots of cancer and heart disease treatments. Oh and we have many ways you can 'buy your way to skinny' as well...low self esteem? Depression? Nah, it cant be the diet...we have many things you can buy to make yourself feel better! Here, have a frappachino.....

Our economy runs off the sick and depressed. The cancer industry is a BUSINESS. The big pharm is a BUSINESS. Our country doesn't care about us getting sick, they make a big profit on it.

I won't live my life with that level of cynicism. I'm not naive. Sure, there are plenty of people who just want to get rich. But I still believe that most doctors, nutritionists, farmers, etc. believe that they are doing the right thing.

Getting your head around PB is hard. It goes against just about everything people have believed for eons.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Not eons. About 50 years.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamo42 View Post
    Not eons. About 50 years.
    DAMN YOU, CHINA STUDY!!! *shakes fists*

Jason VT is offline Senior Member
    7 nation study by Ancel Keys, actually. The China study is a more recently popularized horror story.

Hedonist,
    You're partially correct. I think most doctors, farmers, etc. think they're doing the right thing, but when someone like a doctor doesn't read a paper for themselves and instead take the word of someone representing big Pharma; I DO blame the doctor. Also, farmer's have it hard; look to the Chillean beef that we're used to getting here in the states: farms are increasingly switching to Soy solely because they make more $ doing so. I cannot blame them for wanting to make $, but I don't have to like it or them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason VT View Post
    Hedonist,
    You're partially correct. I think most doctors, farmers, etc. think they're doing the right thing, but when someone like a doctor doesn't read a paper for themselves and instead take the word of someone representing big Pharma; I DO blame the doctor. Also, farmer's have it hard; look to the Chillean beef that we're used to getting here in the states: farms are increasingly switching to Soy solely because they make more $ doing so. I cannot blame them for wanting to make $, but I don't have to like it or them.
    I agree. The conventional medical establishment is the leading cause of death in this country. And many, perhaps most docs, are in the pocket of big pharma. My comment was just about not being willing to live a life of cynicism.
    Last edited by Hedonist; 08-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast