Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grains Are Ok To Eat Says My Father page 2

Freedish is offline Senior Member
    We only started eating grains 10,000 years ago with the dawn of agriculture. Before that it was nuts, seeds, meat, fat, and fruit, occasional vegetables. What do you think we are more adapted to eat?

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Supposed? What's the "supposed" about it?

I doubt we need much - or any. Where do the Eskimo get it? Where do you get it in northern Canada? Or Siberia? Where did our Ice Age ancestors living in tundra get it?

However, I doubt a moderate amount does any harm, although note that pectin can be a gut irritant, so fibre from fruit isn't always and everywhere innocuous.
    Oh... don't get all twisted up... You'll notice I said... "Also, I think we DO need fiber. But that (I THINK is inferred) to get it from Fruits and Veges. At least, I FEEL better when I eat fruits and veges. And not STICKY bread/pasta. "

That's an IMO! In case that wasn't obvious... the I THINK was to be the indicator. You'll notice on other threads, some of us are improving our grammer and writing skills, Via all the rants around here.

Anyhow... I did find an interesting teeny tiny blip regarding eskimos... and I just don't have to time to look into others... Click the PDF, and then there is a tiny blip about fiber and eskimos... but even that isn't something I wholey understand.

Regardless. I'm not versed on Eskimos even remotely. I'm just a white girl from CA! The only photos I've seen of eskimos are really fat faced people in lots of clothing. So, I can only assume their faces match their bodies?????? No real idea. But not the body I'm lookin' to emulate anyhow. Even if they are fully capable of living fat happy lives!

The thing is, if a person feels they MUST have fiber. I don't see why it has to come from grains. Coming from fruits and veges seems a way better option. But, hey. That's just me. And was really my only point.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    does your dad know how much you talk about him here? LOL;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    does your dad know how much you talk about him here? LOL;-)
    Nope He just disagrees with A LOT that I say and he is healthy and old so its hard to get someone like that to change. Oh, and his father is in his 80's and doing very well too! His father ate grains his whole life. My dad loves grains so I don't see him ever stopping.

My brother though? He will be primal next year, no doubt.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

shannon is offline Senior Member
    older people are funny like that huh? can't teach an old dog new tricks and all that;-)
    congrats on your bro!
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Most people will do well if they just keep calories low and eat natural unprocessed foods. Inflammation can be kept low that way and if you have intolerances, cut them out. I think primal is more about getting away from man made junk. I would classify wheat products as definitely man made junk. If you want to just raise your life expectancy there are ways to do that re - fasting periodically, low calorie eating, abstaining or light use of drugs/alcohol, being social and getting out and playing.
    Last edited by BlazeKING; 08-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12