Thread: How long to achieve your goals? page

markz is offline Junior Member

How long to achieve your goals?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm down thirty pounds since April 1. I am quite happy, but at the same time I'm looking in the mirror and wanting more. Before I started this I thought at 190 pounds I would be shredded. Now at 186 I still feel there is another 10 or 20 to go before I am seeing abs and the love handles are 100% gone. I am experimenting with weekend carbs ups to break the stalemate and working out five days a week, but man is it slow at this point. I'm wondering how long it took other people to get to where they want to be? I guess I just need some motivation.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I'm in the same boat, but it's a good boat - you meet your goals, then set some new ones. Initially I said I would be ecstatic to lose 20 lb, the idea of becoming "shredded" seemed totally silly. Now I want to look like an NBA player. I've doing this five months. I figure a year of healthy living is a reasonable time for my body to get into its near-optimum condition.

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat, too. I've lost 15-20 pounds, and lots of inches, but I still have about 10-15 more pounds to go, and progress has really slowed down. My goal is to eventually give up dairy for 30 days, in hopes of shaking up this plateau. I know patience and perseverance are important. I feel so much better since going primal (physically and mentally). I have faith I will eventually reach my physical weight goal.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    It is slow going now:/ I lost 25 lbs from the beginning of May until now but still have about 40 to loose (and I'm only 5" tall).

I was feeling positvely light until I came to Michigan. I was thinking to myself that 'mom sure has gained a lot of weight'. Then when all my clothes were in the wash, I borrowed some pants from her. We are *exactly* the same size. lol.

That's made it a hard couple of days, realizing that I'm much larger now than I thougt or felt. O_o

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    I've just met my goal of reaching a normal weight for my height. It took me almost a year. Weight loss has been slow for a while, it ALWAYS slows down, and patience is crucial. I think it's a huge mistake to start adopting more and more extreme measures to rush the pounds off. It's more important to settle into habits we can maintain in the long term.

cillakat, the only thing that matters is that you are lighter now than you were before.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Griff is offline Senior Member
    The closer you get to your optimal weight, the less you lose per week. That's just a given because the body is trying to maintain homeostasis and won't let go of all the fat, no matter how much you want it to.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

mizski is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you are in the fine tuning stages now. Congrats on that! From what I've read, many people have good results with changing up their physical activity. I've lost 98#s in the last year but that's all I can offer at this time as I have quite a way to go.