Thread: A ridiculous coconut oil spoilage quesiton page

mdlaw is offline Senior Member

A ridiculous coconut oil spoilage quesiton

Primal Fuel
    I keep jars of coconut oil handy for cooking, smoothies, and occasional munching. I've found that sometimes if I enjoy a nice spoonful, I soon want myself finding another. I know coconut oil is stable, doesn't need to be refrigerated, stores for a long time, etc, but I wonder. If I eat some with a spoon, and then use the same spoon to eat more, is the spoon going to introduce bacteria from my mouth that would cause faster spoilage in the coconut oil? Or is that nothing to worry about. Not too worried, just kind of academically curious.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlaw View Post
    I keep jars of coconut oil handy for cooking, smoothies, and occasional munching. I've found that sometimes if I enjoy a nice spoonful, I soon want myself finding another. I know coconut oil is stable, doesn't need to be refrigerated, stores for a long time, etc, but I wonder. If I eat some with a spoon, and then use the same spoon to eat more, is the spoon going to introduce bacteria from my mouth that would cause faster spoilage in the coconut oil? Or is that nothing to worry about. Not too worried, just kind of academically curious.
    Yes, it's possible. I wouldn't use the same spoon.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Another Question: Nutrition Data list Coconut Oil as Highly Inflammatory. How come?

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelA View Post
    Another Question: Nutrition Data list Coconut Oil as Highly Inflammatory. How come?
    The high Ω6 content. I do balance my Ω6 intake with fish or fish oil and avoid eating extra coconut oil plain

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order