Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO more white spots on my fingernails! page

Katie82 is offline Senior Member

NO more white spots on my fingernails!

Shop Now
    I know, it's a small thing but I have always had white spots on my fingernails for as long as I can remember. I was just looking at my nails today and realized that I don't even have one! I've never seen all of my fingernails perfectly pink Just one more thing to add to the list of good things...
    Has anyone noticed this too? and does anyone know what I was deficient in that caused it?...probably meat.... kidding.

RogerDeRok is offline Member
    Nail on my big toe on my left foot has always had some weird spotting and flaking to it, unfortunately nothing has changed (going on 2 years primal). That is also the same foot that has always had more dryness to it too. Strange that one foot is like this and other one is perfectly fine.

Have you noticed health improvements in your hair too? I know your fingernails are made out of the same stuff, right?

Evita is offline Senior Member
    I believe it's Zinc

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Zinc!. That would make sense. I started taking zinc supps. Ohwell, not a direct result of primal but still cool.

Roger, is it possible you have reduced blood flow or nerve damage to that foot? That is odd.
    Yes, my hair has definitely improved too. I noticed the last few inches of hair look much shinier and straighter than usual while the end stuff is all frizzy and dull looking. that's odd too

Quote Originally Posted by Katie82 View Post
    Roger, is it possible you have reduced blood flow or nerve damage to that foot? That is odd.
    Yes, my hair has definitely improved too. I noticed the last few inches of hair look much shinier and straighter than usual while the end stuff is all frizzy and dull looking. that's odd too
    No damage or injury that I'm aware of. That's odd.

Maleficarum is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDeRok View Post
    Nail on my big toe on my left foot has always had some weird spotting and flaking to it, unfortunately nothing has changed (going on 2 years primal). That is also the same foot that has always had more dryness to it too. Strange that one foot is like this and other one is perfectly fine.

Have you noticed health improvements in your hair too? I know your fingernails are made out of the same stuff, right?
    sounds like a mild case of athlete's foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficarum View Post
    sounds like a mild case of athlete's foot.
    That's kinda what it looks like, but it's been there for years, and the other foot doesn't have it. Wouldn't they both have it since they share the same space, like where I shower and step and stuff?

peril is offline Senior Member
    My nails are clear and stronger since I changed diet and started supplements. One of them has some zinc

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie82 View Post
    I know, it's a small thing but I have always had white spots on my fingernails for as long as I can remember. I was just looking at my nails today and realized that I don't even have one! I've never seen all of my fingernails perfectly pink Just one more thing to add to the list of good things...
    Has anyone noticed this too? and does anyone know what I was deficient in that caused it?...probably meat.... kidding.
    Yes, as others mentioned, this is zinc at work.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I stopped having the white spots, too---also have stopped getting those weird horizontal ridges on my nails (whatever those are from).
    Both of my little toe nails, which had been stepped on repeatedly at work and had stopped growing...came back normal and pretty again

Only bad thing is that all my nails grow super fast right now, but I can deal with that. Good stuff!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast