Thread: Will I waste away? page

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member

Will I waste away?

Shop Now
    Before I went Primal in February, I was 195# and 25% body fat. Today, I'm 154# and 17%. Other viral stats: male, age 35, 5'11". I'm kinda wondering when the weight loss will stop. Is this unhealthy?

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Lift some weight and eat a little more.

Primal K@ is offline Member
    I think you will eventually even out, I don't think you'll waste away unless your intake is really minimal. 154 is great for your height adn your body will know when to hit a weight plateau. Are you lifting heavy weights?

mcallit is offline Member
    I wouldn't worry about wasting away. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 152. I eat lots and have been lifting weights, but my body weight hasn't gone down any more. It's stays pretty regular with slight increases due to muscle (which I finally have some!).

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    195 @ 24% = 146 LBM
    154 @ 17% = 127 LBM

Either your tests were inaccurate or you've lost significant muscle along with your fat. Are you sure about those numbers?

Nope, not lifting heavy weights at the moment. Still trying to figure out a good weight-lifting routine that will work for me (I'm really not that strong). And I don't know about eating more. I eat when I'm hungry, that's it, and that usually results in me eating two meals a day, sometimes one (one really good meal, with protein, fats, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    195 @ 24% = 146 LBM
    154 @ 17% = 127 LBM

Either your tests were inaccurate or you've lost significant muscle along with your fat. Are you sure about those numbers?
    Dunno. I have one of those Tanita scales. I can weigh myself throughout the day, and that % is pretty steady, maybe a 1-2% fluctuation. Is there a more reliable way to find out body fat percentage? I imagine I might've lost some muscle since I'm lighter and my body doesn't have to work so much to carry extra fat around, maybe.

Another thing, blank_faceplate: while I've trimmed down, I'm still carrying some belly fat that won't go away. That may explain why I'm still at 17% BF which is kind of high. I eat all the right stuff.. veggies, beef, fish, pork, fruits, eggs. I cook in coconut oil or bacon fat. I feel great, I'm still energetic and everything is fine. I ordered some pantethine, as someone else suggested it's a good way to help get rid of stubborn belly fat (which can sometimes remain due to stress).