Thread: Favourite freezer meals page

French Margaret is offline Junior Member

Favourite freezer meals

Primal Fuel
    What recipes do you find work well for putting in the freezer for those days when there isn't the time or inclination to cook?
    I freeze batches of curry, chilli, soup, Primal Shepherds Pie, Fish Pie etc.
    What are your favourites?

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    the garlic pulled pork from mark's blog. Freezes well and re-heats well (make sure you freeze with the liquid from the cooking process).
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

dakini is offline Senior Member
    Primal Shepard's Pie and chicken potless pie (you have to eat dairy for this one) are my two go tos at the moment. I have to find some more that my daughter will like too.

Dakini, could you explain what a chicken potless pie is?

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Meatballs freeze well (and are flexible in terms of serving size). This is a recipe I used recently w/ grass fed ground beef: http://amoderngal.com/2010/05/17/mea...-simple-sauce/

dakini is offline Senior Member
    French Margaret - basically I take cooked roast chicken (I cook whole chickens in the crockpot), add it to cream, chicken stock (made from that same chicken I cooked in my crockpot - crockpots are great!), and veggies. Then, just let it cook until everything is warm and the cream and stock have thickened into a gravy - I will add cheese sometimes for my daughter. You can add whatever veggies you want. I call it chicken potless pie because it's like the inside of a chicken pot pit without the pastry shell. It's something my daughter loves, which is great for me. I hth! If not, ask more.

Thanks Dakini.

I expect that everyone in America knows what a chicken pot pie is, but for some of us on other continents it's new. Anyway, the way you do it sounds good. I have to agree with you about crockpots . I'm preparing a BOF soup now (Bottom of the Freezer - all those odds and ends that make their way to the bottom.)

I like this book on how to make the most of your crock pot / slow cooker.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Most-...1247816&sr=1-9

When you look at all the books available on Amazon you're spoilt for choice. I want to try them all!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dakini View Post
    French Margaret - basically I take cooked roast chicken (I cook whole chickens in the crockpot), add it to cream, chicken stock (made from that same chicken I cooked in my crockpot - crockpots are great!), and veggies. Then, just let it cook until everything is warm and the cream and stock have thickened into a gravy - I will add cheese sometimes for my daughter. You can add whatever veggies you want. I call it chicken potless pie because it's like the inside of a chicken pot pit without the pastry shell. It's something my daughter loves, which is great for me. I hth! If not, ask more.
    Great idea. How much water do you use?

mizski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I freeze a lot of foods (soups, mini meatloaves, coconut flour biscuits/rolls, mini crustless quiches, mashed cauliflower, etc.) mainly because I don't want to have the same food for days in a row. I also have two ice cube trays set aside for savory foods that I use to freeze broth, veg puree or tomato sauce cubes for use when you just need a little bit to add to veggies, meats or scrambled eggs. When the cubes are frozen, I transfer the cubes to a freezer baggie.