Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrases you're really sick of hearing... page 15

DeniseB is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have tears rolling down my face from laughing! You people scare me. I think I've typed or spoken most of your favorite peeves. My peeve is seeing the red squiggly line under a word I know I've spelled correctly.
    SW: 205
    CW: 205
    GW: 140

Measurements as of 12/23 Measurements as of 12/29
    Neck 15.75 15.5
    Arms L/R 15/14.5 14.5/14.5
    Ribs 39.5 38.5
    Hips 49 47.5

Diet Calculator

My journey

quikky is offline Senior Member
    "Let me know if there's anything I can do"

I hate when people just say meaningless crap like that. Really? Anything? Pay my bills and clean my house.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Whatever
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

DeniseB is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Whatever
    I can't stand that one!
    SW: 205
    CW: 205
    GW: 140

Measurements as of 12/23 Measurements as of 12/29
    Neck 15.75 15.5
    Arms L/R 15/14.5 14.5/14.5
    Ribs 39.5 38.5
    Hips 49 47.5

Diet Calculator

My journey

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    "Let me know if there's anything I can do"

I hate when people just say meaningless crap like that. Really? Anything? Pay my bills and clean my house.
    Well, I can't do those. But let me know if there's anything else I can do! Haaaaahaaaaa!

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    "I'm not a good test taker." --- oh, so you mean you're stupid. I see.
    "I am pre-med." --- Yes, and I am pre-astronaut. No one describes a pursuit by what they might possibly do. Get into a med school and get through the first 2 years....then I will give you some credit.
    "I could never do that." --- I know. It's called discipline.
    "You are using _____ argument." --- Ok, good job for pointing that out, but that doesn't mean I am wrong. That would require you actually putting together a counter-argument, rather than giving names to mine.
    "My whole family is overweight." --- Yes, and my whole family has a high-school education. It's called being an adult, where you learn that you don't have to blindly accept the things you inherited.
    "I can't do that. I have sensitivity to _____ and I only like to eat _____" -- No, you are sensitive to having some belief in yourself and not being a low-frequency loser. If you want uncommon results, you are going to have to pay for them. It's not that complicated.

These are just from patients or gym people. I could go on forever.... People are so euphemistic and dull.
    "They now look to a single and splendid government of an aristocracy, founded on banking institutions, and moneyed incorporations under the guise and cloak of their favored branches of manufactures, commerce and navigation, riding and ruling over the plundered ploughman and beggared yeomanry." - Thomas Jefferson, 1826

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I used to hate all those spelling and grammatical errors too. But I have noticed that people who can't spell can still have very good knowledge of their subject that I can learn from. If I were to ignore their posts because of these infringements, I would be the poorer.

They do annoy me in published form though. When a school principal sends out a weekly newsletter that my ten-year-old could have written better (which has happened), that does not inspire confidence.

If you KNOW you're not a good writer then please ask someone to proofread your work before you go to print.

Jennifla is offline Senior Member
    "You should _______".
    "The reality of it is ...".
    Starting a sentence with the word "So", especially in response to a question.
    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

ecole66 is offline Senior Member
    This one will probably get me in trouble but "less fortunate" really gets me. "So, you want to give MORE of my hard earned money to someone who didn't earn it"? I earned my money through hard work not by being "more fortunate".

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Hey Laz, may I use the phrase pre-dead to describe life?

PC police. Just because I'm not a bonehead racist or sexist, that doesn't mean I'm the PC police. The anti PC people are just as sheeple-ish as the folks they rail against. After all, I believe that smokers should have rights and that business owners should make decisions based on their economics whether to allow smoking or not - how un PC is that?

Not exactly a phrase, but the idea that if a person has never been a parent, they "just don't understand." Yeah, well I understand that your monster daughters are running around the store shrieking and disrupting everyone else's day, and I didn't need to give birth to understand that you're not teaching them how to behave in public.

"But it's so expensive," in relation to health. Really? Because if you didn't smoke pot daily, drink beer daily, have the bestest phone(s) ever, a big TV, and an expensive TV plan, you could probably rub a few nickels together to not eat shit food.

My mother's thing (may she rest in peace): "Things just come easy to you." Really? Like putting myself through school with no parental help? Losing 118 pounds in 15 months? Staying true to my beliefs even when it seemed like the whole world did some 180 and bought in to some neo-con ideology that even real conservatives thought was moronic? The only things that ever came easily to me were good hair and the ability to learn some types of concepts fairly easily.

"I couldn't..." That's incorrect, and people usually mean, "I don't want it enough to put in the effort. Is there a pill I can take?"
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast