Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (lcme) page

lcme is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Alrighty, here goes nothing.

To start off this journal, a little bit of history. I am a female in my early 20s and I have always been "skinny" and in reasonably good shape. I have heard most of my life that, for women, weight gain (and by that I mean unhealthy fat gain)is inevitable once we hit our mid 20s to early 30s and I do not believe it, at least not to the extent that it is usually seen. I spent over a year as a vegetarian which was mostly motivated by the way that animals are fed, handled and treated. After having issues with iron and worrying about vitamin B12 I had to come to the conclusion that humans have evolved to eat meat and unless I wanted to spend my life worrying about supplements I was going to have to change my outlook.

My current full-scale omnivore diet was actually spurred by MDA (I read an IMPACT magazine exercise nutrition article written by Mark Sisson and soon after checked out the site). The first post that I read was on sunscreen; it really shook up my thoughts and threw my current sun protection beliefs out the window (and I liked it).

I actually had almost a full month where I was eating mostly primal and I really felt great. For some reason I let Tim Hortonís and other practically carb-only establishments get the better of me.

So here I am. August 5, 2009, 15 days short of 23 years old and ready to make a positive and life-long change.

My goals as posted in the Primal Challenge Topic

Goals.

1) Get into the habit of primal exercise at least 5days a week

2) Remember that I enjoy Primal foods more

3) Not just 30 days but everyday from now

4) Eventually convince my boyfriend!

How I am going to achieve each one.

1) Start with more walks and hikes, work in sprints, eventually do weight training

2) Be cognizant of my food choices. Sometimes it has to be about survival and not craving. Remember that I will crave carb foods very strongly after I have a slip-up.

3)One step at a time. Small lifestyle changes and choices everyday.

4) Feed him delicious Primal meals. Who could resist that offer?

So far just trying to get off the blood sugar super hiway. Trying to cut out all simple sugars in these first few days. I will be full primal by Saturday at noon.

W/O goal for today: Walk for 2 hours up local mountain with roommate. Do squat stretch after for sore achille's tedon.

What a great day so far!

B: 3 eggs cooked in 2 tbsp olive oil

S: Lots of green leaf lettuce and whole radishes (so spicy!!)

L: 1/3 of Thai Red curry (made a few nights ago, 1/2 lb stirfy beef, 1 can coconut milk, 1 tbsp thai curry spice mix with no sugar, 1 green pepper and 1/2 a large zucchini)

That lunch was so good! I love how the coconut fats are solid and then kind of melt in your mouth. I would have to say that since going primal one of my favourite new taste sensations is the thick fatty cream on the top of the lid when I opened my can of coconut milk. Yum yum yum. I will have to try a dessert of berries and coconut cream!

Agnieszka Guest

I love your lunch, lcme! Very appetizing. I'll have to try it.

IFing today till 5pm. Basically a reduced window of eating.

I just have to avoid that Dr. Pepper that's calling my name in the work cafeteria.

Looking forward to Greek Food tonight. Well deserved. I am going to get a skewer and greek salad. The least primal parts of which will be the feta and the tzatziki sauce. Damn dairy. I will try my best not to eat them.

So today I took a different bus to work and got dropped off at the mall which is nearby. I was feeling quite peckish, as I didn't have any breakfast before leaving the house, so I went into Starbucks, which is the only local place that I know of that has anything resembling breakfast. I was just disgusted when I got there by not only the options in the food case (sugary loaf, sugary scone, sugary muffin with fake blueberry flavour, breakfast sandwich) but also by the choices that adults were making at 7am. Since when is a giant cookie a viable option for breakfast? My mom would have slapped that right out of my hand. But perhaps it is the combination of readily available junk food and its forbidden nature that causes many people to partake. Or maybe they're just sugar/carb addicts...as their waistlines would suggest

Anyways, I came to my senses and remembered that my work cafeteria serves breakfast. After modifying the breakfast plate beyond recognition (read: toast, hashbrowns, eggs and bacon becomes eggs and extra bacon) I had quite a tasty meal. Still satisfied 2 hours later and just hoping that when my next weak Starbucks moment comes I will be able to remember that every positive choice I make will help me to shape the body and life that I want.

BestLife Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Good choices! Congrats and keep it up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast