Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (DebFM) page

DebFM is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I'm not usually into doing online forums, but I found Mark's site and got really excited about it and thought I'd join in. I thought it would help if I'm a part of something rather than doing it on my own, like usual.

I started slowly cutting out potatoes/beans/grains about two weeks ago. It wasn't too bad easing into it.

Here's what I've had today so far:

b'fast: eggs with fennel and dill

lunch: couple ounces of turkey with lettuce, beet salad with beets, feta cheese, pumpkin seeds, basil and homemade vinegarette.

Supper will be Mexican-spiced chicken in the crockpot with sauteed veggies (peppers, lambs quarters, onions) with a little guacamole on the side.

I run my own mini herbal business and garden a lot (4 hours yesterday). My main goal with this is to exercise more with a long walk in the evening and continue to garden.

Day Two

Despite really bad temptation today at my friend's house, I perservered! Wasn't easy, but I did it. Definitely have more energy these days! That's good, since I have little kids to run after...

For eats today:

B'fast: smoothie with oatstraw infusion, protein powder, peaches, a little cream & flax seeds

Lunch: chicken, stir fried veggies, gazpacho YUM!

Supper: chicken sausage, kale sauteed with bacon & onions

Snacks: walnuts, wild blackberries - double YUM

Excercise: yesterday I did 5 1/2 hours hardwork/heavy lifting in the garden so today I'm going for a two-mile walk after supper.

Day Three

Market day. This is a hard day. I sell at a local farmer's market (medicinal herb products) & it starts at noon. I had a great breakfast, however, so I wasn't even hungry until 2 p.m. The market ended at 6 p.m. The kids go, too, and that always makes things a little crazy! I get the added benefit, though, of all that heavy lifting of stuff in and out of the car.

Eats for the day:

B'fast: collard green sauteed with a little ham & two scrambled eggs

Lunch: two leftover sausages & gazpacho

snack: walnuts and an apple

Dinner: two pieces of fish & broccoli

Usually I'm completely exhausted after the market but this week I wasn't. Love that extra energy!

Day Four - Saturday

Worked in the garden for two hours in the morning and then went for a 6 mile/hour and half bike ride with the kids. Fun! Felt really good after the bike ride.

Eats:

B'fast: eggs scrambled with spicy jalapeno sausage, onions & peppers topped with a bit of shredded cheese & salsa, coffee w/ cream

Lunch: turkey rollups with mayo & garlic, blueberries, apple & leftover sausage

Snack: handful walnuts, decaf coffee w/ cream

Dinner: baked chicken breast w/ homemade pesto (basil from the garden!), smashed cauliflower with Parmesan cheese

hmmm...eating a lot of sausage this week! Next week, probably no sausage as we get our grass-fed meat for the month! Hurray!

Day Four - Sunday

Lots of working in the garden today = lots of heavy lifting. If there's too much dirt in the plastic wheelbarrow it warps a litte when dumped...

Eats for this day:

B'fast: eggs scrambled with fennel, onions & dill; sausage, coffee

Lunch: Big salad with weeds & left over pesto chicken

Supper: Big night out for anniversary: coconut coated shrimp appetizer; baked haddock on bed of veggies, glass of wine & wee bit o'dessert - chocolate mouse with chocolate sauce. I ate about 1/4 & hubby finished off the rest! A really yummy dinner & aside from a little dessert, perfectly Primal! Woohoo!!

Day Five - Monday

Whew, it was hot! But I was really busy, Did some light gardening (=got some good sun!), lots of laundry & then took one of my doggies for a walk in the evening. We had storms all around us, so the light show was pretty wild! Went to bed early.

For today:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs w/onions & garlic; 1/2C wild blackberries w/ a little cream; coffee w/ cream

Lunch: blueberry smoothie: whole raw milk, protein powder, whole plain yogurt & lotsa blueberries

Snack: some blackberries & nuts

Dinner: Cold avocado soup (was delicious!!!); salad with leftover chicken breast

I am feeling so good. Even when I'm hungry, I'm just hungry - no corresponding fuzzy brain, short temper or shakiness!!! Man, and the energy I have. Woohoo!

primalmom is offline Member

Hey Deb ! your food all looks sooo good .... yum-O !

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

primalmom is offline Member

nice website BTW !

I am getting the dried nettle today, hopefully, to make the infusion ... thanks for the info !

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Great, Primalmom! I started with nettle infusions two years agon and the boost in energy was amazing. Us moms need all the help we can get!

Day Six & it was nasty and hot. I cleaned really well the house in preparation for herbal medicine making. Aside from the typical gardening today was a quiet day, physically. Tomorrow - one of those body weight work outs? Maybe!

Eats:

Breakfast: 2 sausages and 2 scrambled eggs. I have to admit that I missed my veggies! K-man made breakfast so I cann't complain, though! Also coffee with cream

Lunch: leftover chickie on a salad with bluecheese & pine nuts; homemade balsamic vinegarette. Kept me going until after 6 p.m.!

Dinner: steak tips, cold cucumber soup and (homemade)cortido. Yum.

Snack: few walnuts, apricot & a few blueberries

Made an 'replenishment' drink from juice of 1 lime and a pinch of sea salt in 1 liter of water. We don't have A/C here so when it's hot I really feel like I need to replenish the salt. Especially since, for some reason, I'm no longer such a wicked salt hound! When I was eating carbs I was pounding the salt. I was Celtic sea salt or seaveg + sea salt, but still! Huh. Go figure!

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast