Thread: Coconut milk cocoa page

chronyx is offline Senior Member

Coconut milk cocoa

Primal Fuel
    I had this rather than coffee this morning. A massive Starbucks mug full of it with a teaspoon of coconut oil too - so not low calorie at all. But it has kept me full all day!

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    How to make, please?? I would love to try that on a super-busy day.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Heat the coconut milk on the hob. Boil a small amount of water in a kettle.

I pre-heated the mug with boiling water, then added 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and three teaspoons of cocoa powder. Add a little hot water if necessary and work to a paste.

Then add the coconut milk a little at a time while stirring to avoid lumps!

It's pretty thick stuff, and very satisfying I prefered being able to taste the cocoa so I did not sweeten it.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yum! How have I not thought to do that before?!? I'll definitely be making that during the fall/winter. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I have this every morning, with slightly less cocoa powder. If you stir the cocoa powder, coconut milk, and coconut oil together to make a paste before pouring the boiling water and this will keep the cocoa from clumping and break up the coconut oil droplets. Also, sprinkle on a touch of cinnamon.

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    I've had a version of this, cold, as a morning beverage (also NOT lo-cal): cup of coconut milk, tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder, spice of choice (mine was usually ginger), and some whey if desired. Prep the night before by putting it in a shaker and shaking like mad. Chill over night. In the morning enjoy a nearly pudding like beverage. Darn yummy breakfast.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

pantrybites is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    Heat the coconut milk on the hob. Boil a small amount of water in a kettle.

I pre-heated the mug with boiling water, then added 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and three teaspoons of cocoa powder. Add a little hot water if necessary and work to a paste.

Then add the coconut milk a little at a time while stirring to avoid lumps!

It's pretty thick stuff, and very satisfying I prefered being able to taste the cocoa so I did not sweeten it.
    This sounds like something I can take to work in my thermos for breakfast- I'll definitely give it a go. Thanks for the idea!

www.pantrybites.com
    Real Good Primal Food