Thread: Pork Picnic Recipe Needed! page

JohnOTD is offline Member

Pork Picnic Recipe Needed!

Shop Now
    Hey everyone,

Katie picked up a cut called Pork Picnic. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what part of a pig that is. Also, we're looking for a good slow-cooker recipe for this cut.

We're currently thinking of throwing it in with some sliced apples, honey, cinnamon and apple juice.

If anyone has any really good recipes, please share!

Thanks,
    John
    www.primalfreedom.blogspot.com

If a man has the right to self-ownership, to the control of his life, then in the real world he must also have the right to sustain his life by grappling with and transforming resources; he must be able to own the ground and the resources on which he stands and which he must use. In short, to sustain his human right. - Murray Rothbard

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Picnic is the front leg, below the "butt." Together they make a shoulder. Makes good BBQ, or anything done low and slow.

Bird Goddess is offline Senior Member
    There's an excellent slow cooking (stove top) recipe on this website for Pork Tenderloin and roasted root vegetable hash.

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I have made the Garlic Pulled Pork submitted by Allbeef Patty a couple times and it's incredibly good. I didn't have any granulated garlic so I used fresh in the rub/marinade as well as poked in.