Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (ConshyCaveman) page

ConshyCaveman Guest

Primal Fuel

So here goes nothing, or something.... anyway here it goes..

ConshyCaveman Guest

Thought I would start out with a little info about myself in case anyone actually ventures in to read this.

I am a 26 year old young professional (in Philly) who spends his daily grind slapping a keyboard for an eCommerce development company. That being said I am less active than I see ideal during the day. Growing up I always had physically demanding jobs, the kind where you get your hands dirty (maybe sometimes too dirty) and you feel like you accomplished something at the end of the day. It's hard for me to sit at a desk for 8-12 hours a day so I use my lunch break to go to the gym.

I have followed Mark's blog for the past year and have tried to be primal and failed and tried again and somewhat succeeded and then failed and now I am trying to hold my bare dirty caveman feet to the fire for the next 30 days.

I must say that after eating primal for the past 3 weeks I have noticed a slight decrease in body fat which is good because I tend to loose weight too quickly and then gain it back and that is unhealthy, gradual is good.

Last week I started the Stronglifts 5x5 program and so far I feel great doing it. I never used to do squats and boy, are they challenging and fun. I have also been trying to be more active when I get home from work. I barely watch TV anymore and instead spend my time taking a walk or doing yard work or throwing the football or Frisbee, I notice that it allows me to unwind and get to bed easier.

I will try to update this with my daily food intake as well as any exercise I do and if I am completely screwing anything up, please let me know.

Thanks.

ConshyCaveman Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

OK Daily's for 8/05

Diet:

B: 3 pieces bacon / 3 eggs scrambled / quart of whole milk.

S: Apple and mixed nuts

L: 2 cans of Tuna and a hamburger patty

S: Skipped

D: 2 chicken patties / tomatoes from garden / brussel sprouts

Exercise:

Stronglifts 5x5

2 games of one on one with my roommate

I weighed myself yesterday for the hell of it. I don't plan on losing weight over the next 30 days, if anything I will gain it in muscle

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 215lbs