Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Curious About The Dr. Mehmet Oz Contradiction... page

cazma250 is offline Junior Member

Question I'm Curious About The Dr. Mehmet Oz Contradiction...

Primal Fuel
    Like many others, I've watched Dr. Oz on Oprah, explaining many specific health issues...putting on his blue gloves and showing others the remarkable and complex human body in all it's gloriously, specific parts (organs, brains, heart, lungs).
    Dr. Oz (as most people know) is a renowned cardio/heart surgeon and is widely revered and respected (thus, the invitation to come-on-board by the big "O").
    So why, is Dr. Oz, a self-proclaimed vegetarian? He studies, operates on, and educates on cardiovascular heart health among other major issues especially related to diet & lifestyle. So why is he missing this big link about animal fat? I'm so enthusiastic about Primal eating, but I have always really respected Dr. Oz. I just can't wrap my mind around this big "gap" in thinking. I mean, this guy's really "in there" with all the blood and guts, still operating every day. Why is HE not advocating Primal eating??

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Because he'd be out of a job if people ate primally.

That's just a joke. I have no idea. Maybe he's just honestly mistaken.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    CW runs deep in the medical community and modern media.

How much revenue would the major networks lose if he was to come out supporting primal eating, squash the CW thinking on cholesterol, pissing off the major pharmaceutical companies and then they would start pulling advertisement?

I’m not saying that it is a conspiracy but you have to wonder with all the billions of dollars being spent on the CW way of medical treatment, well, I’m just saying…..
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Because he's an idiot. Just because someone studies and educates doesn't make them an expert.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I've worked in healthcare for 25 years (crap, I'm old...). Doctors know how to hand out pills all the live-long-day, but most are completely clueless when it comes to nutrition (nor do they, apparently, care to pick up a book on the subject). Truthfully, the more I deal with them, the less I respect so many of them*. All they do is parrot back what they learned in medical school. There's virtually zero free-think occurring and TONS of arrogance should you question their little paradigm.

*Trauma docs, orthopedic surgeons, and neurosurgeons are worth their weight in gold, however. They are a breed apart.

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    Just because he can fix it doesn't mean he has any idea what causes it. He probably honestly thinks cholesterol and sat fats just stick to your arteries. I doubt he'd actually eat the way he does if he didn't believe it was better. Though he also eats something like every hour so who knows.

I agree TigerLily. It's very hard to respect some doctors such as the one where I got my last cholesterol bloodwork done that told me I need to be on statins because although my LDL was pattern A, "so much cholesterol floating around in there can't be good." Now how am I supposed to take him seriously with a comment like that?

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    I've worked in healthcare for 25 years (crap, I'm old...). Doctors know how to hand out pills all the live-long-day, but most are completely clueless when it comes to nutrition (nor do they, apparently, care to pick up a book on the subject). Truthfully, the more I deal with them, the less I respect so many of them*. All they do is parrot back what they learned in medical school. There's virtually zero free-think occurring and TONS of arrogance should you question their little paradigm.

*Trauma docs, orthopedic surgeons, and neurosurgeons are worth their weight in gold, however. They are a breed apart.
    I'm with you TigerLily. I worked in pre-hospital emergency medicine for 20 years. My respect for trauma docs, orthos, etc runs deep as it does for all ER staff. Chronic care doctors however, know how to do 2 things, prescribe chemicals and surgery. I worked with an osteopathic that was great. He would try to actually fix the root causes of the signs and symptoms rather than just treat the S&S. He told me that doctors receive something like 20 clock hours of nutrition in medical school. Unfortunately he died several years ago, he would have come on-board the PB thinking if he was still alive I think.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if you have seen the Larry King Live interview he did with Gary Taubes, but I think that will answer your question...the guy's just an ignorant douche.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    My girlfriend is in med school and I agree that the exposure to nutrition is minimal. They have TONS of medical books that they have to read on every subject imaginable, but they had one small paperback book on nutrition that they didn't even read much of. Not that it would really help much since the book is CW all the way. To be fair, all of the material that they cover is very important, but the role of nutrition in medicine is vastly underrated. Maybe primary care physicians and others who treat chronic conditions would derive more benefit from expanded education on nutrition. I vote we add Good Calories, Bad Calories to the required reading, haha.

mdlaw is offline Senior Member
    I doubt that med school encourages intellectual curiosity. From his point of view, he probably studied hard, and learned "the truth" from his Ivy league schools, and needs to go out and help people. He likely hasn't considered that some of what he learned and believed is BS.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast