Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page

ruby is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby)

My intro post is here.

I hit what my brother calls the "mendoza line" a couple weeks ago, which is breaking below 200 pounds. I have been bobbing up and down and weigh 200 today. I notice that things slow down, Ive gotten to 199 before and just STOPPED losing so I am always going to be nervous until I get to 150.

Every day I walk 4 miles. I would say in a month of 30 days, 28-30 of those I do the full 4 miles. I go the gym 3 or 4 days a week and do 2 days of strength training, one day of cardio (but I'm upping that to 2 cardio days this week once I heal from a minor surgery) and I am currently in a yoga teacher training program so I do yoga workout every other day.

I use Loseit.com iPhone app to track every calorie and I keep it under 1300 a day, net (after excersize is subtracted. Most days I eat under 1300 even without excersize subtracted. I inadvertently use intermittent fasting! Today I just had dinner. I have been very busy. I have two kids and homeschool them and I take care of a small suburban farm (I grow vegetables and raise chickens for eggs which I think I have become sensitive to).

My next mini goal is the next 20 pounds - to get to 180. I am trying to lose 2# a week and usually just barely make it.

I started back in Feb but was definitely doing 80/20 which for someone my size and resistance, probably won't work. I started with 100/0 plus walking (I wasn't getting much excersize at all before) on May 16, the day after my daughter's birthday where I filled up on pizza and cake for the last time. I wear a pedometer and track my steps, as I said before 4 miles / 10,000 steps a day before I go to sleep. I feel pretty good, I do have more stamina and my migraines are ggreatly reduced. I have hashimoto's thyroiditis (low thyroid) and have eliminated all foods which aggravate the thyroid on this diet (see Mark's posts and The Healthy Skeptic blog). I also suffer from fibromyalgia which is improving.

I am currently having Rolfing done to help with my posture and pain during excerisze. This is the year I am getting it ALL done. I take for supplements:

krill oil
    DHA (Jarrow brand)
    Vitamin Code "perfect weight" vitamin
    a B supplement from rainbow light
    FucoThin
    7 Keto
    a probiotic
    sugarless Emergen-c drinks
    vitamin D 2000 iu

I eat just organic meats and green vegetables. I eat nothing fake, packaged or in a bag. I eat salads most days with chicken breast and other high protein, high chlorophyll meals! I feel really good. THis is the best thing I have ever done. I have also discovered the JOY of COCONUTS!
    I grew up hating coconut because of the gross dry shredded coconut on cheap baked goods but also from the "pina colada" flavoring on dental treatments. Now I eat straight up coconut oil as a supplement and I LOVE IT.
    Last edited by ruby; 08-04-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you have a plan AND the determination to this!

I had my thyroid removed several years ago and also have fibromyalgia, so I sympathize. keep doing what you are doing and try to do a little more each time (without hurting yourself, of course). This way of eating has helped me tremendously and I think it will for you as well! Good Luck!

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    dude, when you say you are gonna do something you do it! So awesome! You are an inspiration! I love that you decided and you fucking did it... I think the f word is appropriate here. hahahaha

Keep going! (not that you need my hoorah!)

I have to say that divorcing was a very hard decision for me, but the best one... so glad I did it. I have 3 kids too. But i knew why i had to, and I wasn't happy.

I almost started taking antidepressants... but a still small voice said "don't take pills, you know what you need to do"

He has thanked me... we were very wrong for each other.

Anyway... I'm sure you know what you need to do to... even if that is stay... trust your gut!

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    100 pounds is also my personal goal. 264 to 160. Been at it since June 19th. OK watch out Ill be watching! Ha...I keep everything I put into my mouth on my journal here at PB....and post progress at my journal once per month. Keep on keeping on and good luck to you. I know you can make it. My ability to keep going is a lot like yours....I have to do it 100% as well. Some days it seems like air has calories.

Luck, Chuck

Sweet Tart is offline Member
    I can totally relate to the coconut thing. I HATED coconut growing up, it made me gag! Now I love all things coconut and have replaced heavy cream with coconut milk in my coffee and LOVE it!

Thanks everyone!

I do feel things have slown down, I've inadvertently been intermittently fasting due to the stress and busyness of being left with 4 orphaned kittens and mourning the loss of their mother. I also had a cyst removed from my back and had to take some days off at the gym. I wish there was a way to jump start things.

I wonder if I need to quit coffee?

198 this morning

I just HATE the way my weight bobs up and down. I know the pattern, it does go down but still.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

laquat is offline Junior Member
    oh the scale bobbing never ends! it is nervewracking, but realizing how many things effect your weight on a daily basis helps. food intake, water intake, exercise, lack of exercise, sodium consumed... yadda yadda yadda.

my weight consistently bobbed while i lost over 100 pounds, and it still does now. good luck on your journey!

As long as the lower dips keep getting lower I can live with it , LOL! A certain time of every month I gain 5# and it sticks for 4 or 5 days before I start losing again. I have to say I am jealous of men on this eating plan, they seem to lose so much quicker and more consistently. Oh well, Im still going to stick with it whether I ever lose another pound or not because I FEEL better and like not being hungry all the time. And my skin.... my skin looks so much better than it did 4 months ago.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I missed the childcare sign up for today so i'm going to miss the weight workout class that kicked my butt last week - I was looking forward to it. The group atmosphere makes me work harder and I greatly prefer working with dumbells over the nautilus machines.

195.8 today
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wonder if I am ever going to get to the gym again; I went for my walk a few nights ago without eating dinner first and when i got to the mall i got tempted into some "bourbon chicken" and woke up all bloated the next day. I forgot to check ketones but I suspect it had sugar and salt galore.

194.8 today
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast