Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 7

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post
    148 today

for reference, here is me the day I started, May 16 2010, 230 pounds:

Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing!

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    I just read through your journal! Awesome!! You have encouraged me to keep going. How do you get your walking in? I homeschool also. I have three boys, 8.5, 5, 8 months. I love to walk, but just don't know when to do it. Ideas, please?
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 150 - size 8/10
    Goal:130 - size 6

My Journal

eelnus is offline Senior Member
    OMG I'm so inspired by you. I've been primal for 2 weeks going into my third, and I too am going 100% except I have the same problem with macadamia nuts and nuts in general. But I'm giving them up right now after reading your journal. I also love to walk and when I was eating SAD, I would walk 5 miles a day and 10-17 on the weekends, but never saw any weight loss results. But now I can't wait to start walking again. I walked 6 miles today. My weight also keeps fluctuating going down then up 2 then down, but seeing your progress, I'm very encouraged and I know I'll get there.
    Thanks!

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Momto3 View Post
    I just read through your journal! Awesome!! You have encouraged me to keep going. How do you get your walking in? I homeschool also. I have three boys, 8.5, 5, 8 months. I love to walk, but just don't know when to do it. Ideas, please?
    Hi! Its harder in the winter because for the northeast that leaves just the mall which I hate, but immediately after dinner I get up and leave. It's been a lesson for my husband too in caring for his kids which he never used to do. I get 2 hours in a night then come home and start getting the kids to bed.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Ruby. This is the time slot I was thinking also.....gotta make it work somehow. Thanks again.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 150 - size 8/10
    Goal:130 - size 6

My Journal

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    loved looking through your journal! I'm so glad you're keeping it and sharing it with us. What an amazing journey! I'm also a homeschooler.

And I'm jealous b/c at 150, I can't squeeze into even 8's yet. But I've always carried more weight on bottom than on top, so I guess it evens out!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Aila is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ruby,

Popping in here with thanks, and a question.

Let me add my voice to those who say how inspirational your story and photos are! Thanks SO much for sharing! For me, especially, my numbers are almost exactly the same as yours (in terms of height, starting weight, and goal - but I'm very early on the journey...) and so I was very happy to see your great success!

My question is: can you describe to us in more detail what "100% primal" means for you? I read about the macadamia nuts, and very little dairy, but can you be more specific about what you are including and excluding?

My own loss is working out to about 1 lb a week, and I'd like to see if I could step that up. I'm going to follow your lead, starting with 10,000 steps a day, plus the PB workout (just the 5 essential movements for now), and I think that movement will really help. But I'd like to know what worked for you in terms of food, too.

Thanks again!
    48 yo single mom
    5'2", goal weight 110lb/50kg
    Healing from a very well-intentioned (but disastrous) near lifelong vegetarianism...

183.0 - CW FIFTY POUNDS RELEASED!
    233 - SW

Aila's Primal Journey

"If I cling to circumstances, I could claim to be not responsible. Only she who says she did not choose is the loser in the end." Adrienne Rich

Hi, Aila, I literally eat just meats (uncured, unprocessed from whole foods, ideally pastured / organic) green vegetables and some red veg. Every so often I have sushi which has rice but that is rare. I am very strict, bacon in the morning, salad with chicken during the day or tuna, chicken thighs with skin or beef at dinner with broccoli, I eat lots of collards and kale cooked in chicken fat. I drink water, black coffee and "lite" emergen-c with MSM.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    WOW! Thank you for sharing! I'm so happy this is working for you, I have hope it will work for me too!

How do you find the 7-keto works for you?
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

I think the 7-keto helps with cravings and I believe it helps with fat burning. I fist started taking it when the woman at the nutrition store told me people buy it when they are trying to quit smoking too. Not sure how much truth there is to this as far as efficacy but I do feel it helps me not crave Doritos (my one craving!)

Stalled at 146 but I'm ok with that for now.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast