Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 19

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've got it narrowed down to either One or Force, I definitely want the sleep and and stairs tracking. I only wish it could measure heart rate because I'm curious
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey been wondering how you were going. I came here for inspiration as this last 18 months has even bad for me and I have gained a lot of weight so trying to get back into things

I'm training for a half-marathon, following Hal Higdon's Intermediate program. I'm just going to do it once, then that's it - just to say I did, lol. My friend talked me into it. I need to figure out how to "fuel" during the race - definitely not those race gels or gummies, corn syrup makes me choke instantly. I joined a gym again, finally, and have been weight training again and doing classes. I hate winter! I can't wait to get outside again.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I have been following the Autoimmune protocol now for 3 and a half years. I sometimes cook nightshade-heavy foods for my family (they are on a very lax, modified paleo, mostly just "gluten free and psocess free, not really paleo). Two nights ago I had a steak but cooked chicken fajitas for the family, and I ate about a cup of the chicken later that night, it was delicious and chock-full of cayenne and chili pepper. I wanted to see what would happen, and lo and behold I went to bed that night with what looked like fluid filled lumps around my eyes. They were just inflammation and went away the next day, but it was sure telling. I have inflammation with any nightshades including tobacco. Sigh. I miss buffalo chicken so much.

Now that I am at a gym again my weight training is MUCH more organized. It was a bit haphazard there for about 6 months, mostly just pushups, walking lunges, planks and dumbell workouts while watching netflix, and weirdly timed. Now I am back on a good regimen and I feel REALLY good again. However, my heart rate is really high (!) and I have no idea if that is normal or a problem. I am seeing a cardiologist next month, just to get a baseline and rule anything out. I am also on an inhaled steroid after a bad cold on christmas, my asthma has gotten so bad this winter. I feel good though and like my progress.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I am glad you are doing really well!! I haven't popped in here in a while. I agree the winter months are a bummer. I have been having to force myself to move, despite all the snow we get and the shoveling there isn't much movement going on in my world LOL.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Oof, I am not used to being sore! It takes a LOT of weight lifting at the gym to make me sore but this was just a 7 mile run yesterday in the cold (30deg). I feel so beat today! Joints sore, quads and hips sore, what's going on? I usually feel pretty good after excersize unless I have really overdone it - but this was certainly not the farthest or fastest I have run so I don't know. Maybe it's the cold?
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819