Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 17

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Back in the old days, a pound of fudge or a birthday cake was my drug of choice, after a large Papa Gino's pizza that is I don't miss those days! Leptin resistance is basically hell on earth. The hiding and throwing out evidence of a food is a big tip off too!
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Oh yes hiding the evidence, I was big on that.
    Then I started going for a drive, so my children would sleep, and I could go through a drive through and binge while they were sleeping, then id get rid of the evidence before they woke up.
    Crazy shit alright.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    No kidding, I used to long to eat in ssecret so I could just throw it down and no one would know. Hiding wrappers, eating in bathrooms, ridiculous.

I wonder what percentage of people have this binge eating behavior? I think it's more common than anyone realizes, and is so hidden b/c people think it's a character problem instead of the nutrition/medical problem that it really is.

I just watched a video about a girl who conquered her binge eaeting. She talks about buying tons of food at the store and eating it all inthe car in a place in the parking lot where no one could see her. Yep, BTDT. (Unfortunately, her solution is to "love yourself". Whatever. I always loved myself! I needed protein & fat!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

I think Leptin problems are widespread, epidemic! The hiding away to eat for me not only meant that no one would know I was eating (because I knew I shouldn't, but Leptin resistance was in control) but it was also because of a paranoia of having to share any - also Leptin gone wrong. Skipping breakfast, low fat, high grain is the cause of so much suffering. I was a slave to the local candy store. I used to send my husband out at 2am for Doritos etc, telling him bring back the snacks or don't come back lol!

The first thing I noticed when I went paleo 5/16/2010 was that in just 48 hours I didn't need much "willpower" - I was freed from cravings very quickly. I didn't know about the Leptin reset or even about Leptin until a year ago, but I coincidentally started paleo back then as basically one long, successful leptin reset. I think that's why it worked so fast and why I lost so quickly.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    So true. Every word.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Def fat helps. I know I went overboard in the beginning of primal with it as I had tried to be low fat for so long (except when bingeing on crappy fats and sugars of course).

I can almost cry when I realise I don't need to binge any more.

I know! It is so easy to take for granted sometimes. I got used to being normal within the first month of going primal and now I'm sensitive to even the slightest change; like a night with too little sleep and I start to feel like I have the munchies the following evening, I get right back on top of it.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

You are on fire Michelle! I am taking notes

I can't believe I neglected to post this earlier:

That's right, former disabled, morbidly obese woman and now I HAS A TROPHY. What's better is I had no way of knowing I came in first so I just went right home, and someone brought the trophy to my house. I do not train to run, I almost never run. I ran that race slightly hung over and dehydrated and totally untrained. THAT'S what paleo can do.

Also, I got a mohawk:

Last edited by ruby; 10-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast