Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 16

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh wow you are beautiful alright!
    And that gives me hope for my boobs, they already sag bad, and are pretty empty (4 years straight breastfeeding, not any more though). I don't want implants, but will get a lift, but will save this for much later, in case they do fill out, I am really hopeful now you mentioned it. good to know

ruby is offline Senior Member
    I too nursed, four years each girl - the first year I lost the weight, my boobs were incredibly flat like pancakes - it was really horrible. The skin would wrinkle like a brain, just a complete and total lack of collagen. I have been taking a collagen supplement, drinking bone broth as well as using Emergen-C with MSM and using lotion and things have really changed a lot. The skin has sprung back a lot, no more "brain" lol. I'm quite relieved! I did lose the first 90 pounds very fast - in just 8 months. That might have something to do with it.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Oh yes Id say so as that is fast. I've never ever lost weight quickly no matter what I do. So really curious to see how this combo of IF, eat more fat etc works out with the walking.
    I am also walking around my house and randomly doing pushups against my bench, and dips on the table, so hope that helps. Will get back to lifting heavy soon.
    Going to try to drink bone broth every day too, just made a batch.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Ayla - ever have a free T3 thyroid test? (TSH is worthless.)

Been breastfeeding for 14 years straight ... some day I'll check into that collagen supplement!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

OMG mamagrok 14 years, you are awesome!!

No I have not had that one, I am going to try my current experiment for a month, and then re-assess, if things aren't working I will look into it

Oh my gosh, you totally have to look into it. Seriously. I think anyone who has trouble losing weight seriously needs to check the thyroid. If your doc is stubborn, you can order it yourself from privatemdlabs.com and I can give you a 15% off coupon code.

I don't think I could do that from Aus could I?
    Sorry Michelle for the hijack.
    Will look into it later, thanks MG

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Thyroid testing is very important - get a good recommendation for someone in your area who treats patients instead of going by lab values. You can tell it's not the right doctor if they think a TSH alone is sufficient - the full series, T3 and T3 uptake and free t4 is a good start. Currently this is my favorite thyroid page: Thyroid Disorders

OK I just signed up for my first 10k road race! I have done 5k road race before. I don't do cardio ever, I train to run by walking. A couple of times a month I run with my friend to give her moral support (she is doing the couch to 5k program).

Also, the other day I went on a huge binge, definitely PMS induced - I ate baked sweet potato fries. What is funny is that my binges look like the SAD eater's health food stints. It still felt like a binge to me, as I don't usually ever snack. I also credit staying up way too late. I have two meals a day, one at 9ish and one at 5-6pm. Sadly I am one of those people that can never snack. I am slowly phasing out most mammal flesh as it doesn't agree with as much (I am getting more and more picky!) - I think it's a great food for people, just not for me. Beef has to be grass-fed and it's getting too expensive and I feel weighed down the next day. Bacon seems fine but the pork cuts that are more muscular like loin disagree with me now. I'm eating more cold water fish and poultry of various types. Weights two hours a week, walking 6 miles a day on weeknights, 7-8 on weekends. Yoga two or three times a week including teacher training. Two or three runs a month. I quit smoking 4 months ago (I KNOW! I quit) and gained 8 pounds but managed to beat it back and lost those pounds again.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I think more seafood would be good or all of us!

WAY TO GO quitting!!!!

If you ever want to know what a "huge binge" really looks like, just ask. I'll tell you about hiding in the corner of a parking lot scarfing down entire cookie cakes.

I used to do stuff like that MG
    I am so glad I do not now.

Yes I agree on the seafood, but that is one thing we can't get decent close to us. At least with our butcher who sells awesome grass fed, hormone free meat, is an hour away, but I go once a month and fill up a freezer, can't really do that with fish. Well I don't like to freeze it. Going to try to search for someone to deliver to me.

Def going to look into the thyroid later.

Sounds like you have an awesome plan Michelle. I am so excited for you! Oh and yes way to go on the smoking!

Over here they have now made it illegal to smoke around places like playgrounds, public transport stops, and entrances to public places. I am so excited about this, you can get a $550 fine, and I really hope they enforce it. I really hate on my rare trips to shopping centres I have to wade through smokers to get in. Not to mention the people smoking over their children in trolleys. Argh!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast