Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 15

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Michelle, just wanted to thank you again for your inspiration.
    Every day since I first re-read your journal ive walked at least 5 km and I am feeling good. Only really dialed in my eating for the last week (official weigh in tomorrow). But feels like my huge middle is melting. I have at least 100 lbs to lose.

Also can I ask, do you have a lot of lose skin around your middle at all?

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Great job! Making that comittment to walking every day is the biggest step, no pun intended! about the skin, well I am of two minds about it. On the one hand, my immediate answer is "UGH yes, loose skin like I'm wearing an apron and it ain't canvas!" but on the other hand, when I saw a picture of me 5.5 years ago, pregnant with my second child, I realize I didn't do so bad. My arms and legs show pretty much no loose skin at all; in certain positions if you knew what you were looking for, you might find wrinkles when I hold my arms close to my sides etc. My neck went right into shape (phew) but I oddly enough gained forehead wrinkles, which makes no sense I had absolutely no forehead wrinkling when I raised my eyebrows, now I do; no wrinkles when my forehead is relaxed at least. My belly skin is all jubbly-wubbly. Again, I fully realize it could have been much worse, and it is MOSTLY undetectable under clothes or even a camisole two piece bathing suit. A plastic surgeon told me I'm a terrific candidate for a tummy tuck however it is not covered by insurance even in the case of losing 115 pounds In fact, this morning I looked at it again in the mirror and said to myself out loud, "there it is! your reward for 2 kids and a 115 pound weight loss" lol. I do have a picture but I'm a little embarrassed about showing it.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Aw id love to see it, if you ever do want to share.
    Loose skin does suck and I know my belly will have it once I am done, but I am getting surgery.
    Yes it seems weird I want that since I don't use chemicals to clean or wash with etc, and I am as natural as can be. But I don't want to be stuck with lose skin either. I want to enjoy my body.

Sucks insurance doesn't cover it. Have you looked into going overseas for it? It is safe, and much cheaper, my sister is about to go to Bangkok (Stunning makeovers), and I know others who have gone over too, and have been very happy with their results.
    I aim to go at the end of this year.

It would probably me cheaper to get it here than for me to travel lol. I'm going to give it another year and see how much it improves, or not then decide what to do. I PMd you a very silly picture so you can see what I'm dealing with. I'll PM it to whoever else is concerned about the skin issue with 100+ pound weight losses.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

wow really? Maybe I should come to the US then LOL
    What were you quoted for a tummy tuck, it ends up being around 7-8 k with flights, and every thing for me from Aus.
    THanks will check out your PM now

It would be between 7 and 8 exactly with a really good surgeon, it's the sort of thing that would be nice to have, but I can live without for sure. Plus, I probably won't be willing to forgo exersize for the 6 weeks they advise anyway- my mother had the full TT and it was a long recovery period I wouldn't be able to teach anyway. I looked into laser for a while then lost interest. A certain other area of my body god really saggy then slowly firmed up so maybe the apron will improve too lol.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

What do you teach?

Oh not sure I want to know what the other area is LOL.

I know sometimes the skin can improve, but often not which sucks!

I am Yoga teacher in training, I will be all done in two months. And yes, I did mean boobs - I lost all the volume and skin tone, when I started out I wore a 46H and now I wear a 34D so you can imagine the deflation; however things perked up a lot in the last 6 months! The skin is catching up now and I'm actually losing "droop" as time goes by! I have a picture with what I mean by "if you know what you are looking for you can see skin wrinkled" - this picture, look closely at the uppermost arms where they're meeting my armpits; that's the worst it gets on my limbs.

Also, I'd just like to add, I don't ever wear makeup; not bad skin for 40 I blame the diet
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You ain't kiddin'! Beautiful!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast