Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 14

canuck416 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Ruby, just read your journal from the beginning. Very inspirational, thanks so much for taking the time to post it. I am going to post a link to it next Monday (Dec. 10) on my Facebook page in the hopes that it will further inspire people who are following my journey. Congratulations!

ruby is offline Senior Member
    thanks canuck416; I hope others who have a lot of weight to lose feel inspired - when I started out, I absolutely scoured the internet looking for stories of women (ideally over 35) who had lost 100 pounds or more, there were a few out there and I really held onto that to keep me going. I honestly never imagined I would lose more than maybe 30 or 40 pounds. The first 8 months I lost 90 pounds. I've maintained for almost a year now.

I posted these over in the B&A thread but I forgot to post them here:

me at a wedding, 240+ pounds

me at a wedding this past July, with the gorgeous bride
    Last edited by ruby; 12-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Never ceases to be amazing!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Thanks MamaG! How are you doing? I'm on a leptin reset too, sort of "always" on the leptin protocol.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I live that way because the BAB keeps me from bingeing. And keeps me from wanting to snack, so the rest of the LR falls into place naturally. Bingeing is the #1 way to ruin my health (b/c eventually it turns from bingeing on sweet potatoes & fruit to bingeing on anything carby and that is the death of me, literally). If I have to keep eating a pound of meat & seafood for breakfast for the rest of my life, so be it, I guess!

Your success is really unbelievable. I mean, really! Definite envy, here!

Oh me too, the BAB is my saving grace, that and early-ish dinner and no snacking. If I even have one snack I could potentially eat all night. SOmehow, letting my body digest everything for 6+ hours really keeps me from ever feeling munchy. Dinner to breakfast is usually 14-17 hours.

Thanks!
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Michelle, so awesome to see you are still doing great.
    I came back here to re-read your journal, so I can get some inspiration. This year has not been great for me. I stopped CrossFit back in April due to drama plus an injury, and things went down hill from there, and ive gained about 20 kg
    Time for me to sort this shit out before I lose my health completely.

Montagu is offline Junior Member
    Ruby, I also have a hypothyroid condition and take 120mcg synthroid every day, so thanks for referring me to Kharrazian's book in your Oct 5, 2010 post (I will keep reading your journal since I'm inspired by your before and after photos). I looked into the Thyroid book on his website and he is coming out with a new expanded edition in the new year, and I will wait for it.

I looked at his "Autoimmune hypothyroid diet" recommendations at Dr. K News: Autoimmune hypothyroidism diet . Six months ago I went Primal and absolutely eliminated gluten, and it has helped me lose weight and get healthier. But I wonder if cutting dairy, nuts, nightshades and eggs as he recommends is really necessary for me to get rid of my last 10-15 pounds of extra body padding and improve my cognitive health and overall health. These foods are allowed on the Primal diet, but I know hypothyroid people with autoimmune issues are a special subset.

Robb Wolf also removes those foods in his autoimmune diet. So does Dr. Kruse, at least until you can prove definitively (by symptoms and blood work) that a particular food, say eggs or A2 raw fermented dairy, don't worsen your autoimmune condition.

PrimalCon New York
    Actually, most hypothyroid is autoimmune; that is why iodine is no longer recommended for hypothyroid - in the past, it was an iodine deficiency but now iodine deficiency is rare and iodine may exacerbate Hashimoto's. Generally, all hypothyroid is assumed to be Hashimoto's; when I asked for the test, my old Endo said he didn't believe in doing blood tests unless it would change the treatment, and that he assumes most or all are auto anyway. So, with that said, I strongly recommend the AI protocol for anyone with hypothyroid, it has worked WONDERS for me. GLuten is definitely the key thing to eliminate for sure, after that, fine tune with the AI paleo - let me know how you do!
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast