Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 12

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    AWESOME! You're a lot smaller than I was even at 115, interesting how different we all are!

So how's the skin bouncing back for you? I have always thought that would work better for real food weight loss than for starve&sweat modes of weight loss.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

ruby is offline Senior Member
    When I graduated high school I was about 115 pounds yet I wore a significantly bigger size then - I'm sure my body composition is completely different now than it was then; in pictures of me then I have zero muscle tone despite being very active. My skin is not too bad; it's improving slowly and I still have a little more to lose from my belly before that skin will recover but my arms and legs have almost no noticeable looseness and my face and neck bounced right back immediately. I think I've been very lucky overall.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow Ruby, what a transformation! You really look incredible, and you so inspire me.

So you are following the LR protocol?
    Are you exercising at all?

I am following the Lr protocol for about 8 days now. I excersize every day by walking at least 6 miles. On mon-wed-fri I do a pretty vigorous strength training workout at the gym. I also do yoga
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

for the bulk of your weight lost, did you just follow primal 100%?
    Did you have dairy?
    If you did cheat what kind of things did you eat?
    I keep going back to the LR protocol, but then don't do it because of the saying not to exercise. I do CrossFit 5-6 nights a week and I love it. My main problem is my addiction to dairy and coffee, when I stop it my waist goes down quickly, but then stalls when I drink it again. And my candida flares up again. It should be easy to quit.

I am 100% paleo, the only dairy I can tolerate is clarified butter/ghee which I use a little here and there. I have a raging caffeine habit lol black coffee until 2pm then decaf sometimes at night. A few times I have cheated and that is because the only thing I crave is salty chips - I have caved into stress and had Doritos a few times over the last two years but otherwise zero grain or sugar. I eat just meat and green vegetables; very occasionally organic berries.

On the leptin reset I only refrain from cardio but in about two weeks I am going to start it up again, a once weekly run usually, a short blast up a hill a couple times.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I do a mix of cardio and strength at CrossFit, its not huge amount of work at a time, most of our workouts are 20 mins max, so I think for now ill keep it.
    Once the coffee/dairy is stopped I know I keep losing. I have realised I can't IF, as its the fastest way to set me off on a crazy eating spree. Breakfast seems to be essential for me.
    I think its time to update my own journal on here with my plans.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    It's just a few weeks with no cardio, if you're leptin resistant but not too bad off. If you're worse off, it's longer, but all the more reason not to do cardio. That kind of exercise, even when it's not chronic cardio but metcons, can only hurt *if* your cortisol (adrenals) is wonky and/or your leptin is screwed up. Really.

BUT - once you start to show several signs of LS, it's green light for lifting heavy & then sprinting, and walking is okay in moderation from the beginning.

Because of chronic fatigue, I actually haven't exercised in 6 years (other than one month where I felt really good two years ago and started simplefit). I was a chronic cardio head when I was younger, though, and it killed me to slow it down and then stop when the fatigue overtook me (probably in part b/c of exercising so hard when my hormones were so off).
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Chatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby View Post

this was taken in May 2010 right before I began
    So awesome! So inspiring to me! Thanks for posting!
    "You look marrrr-va---lous!"

I made a new profile pic for you. Do you like it?
    Last edited by Chatty; 04-16-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast