Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 11

Pony500 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Michelle--just read through your journal and I am really impressed!! You look so fantastic!! I don't have a whole lot of weight to lose, but am struggling with 10-15lbs and trying to just "get this right." I saw you had a couple rough days about a week ago and now you're back on track. How did you get back on track? Do you think it's just cutting off food at 6pm that really helped?

Susan

ruby is offline Senior Member
    I think it's a huge part of it. Someone like me needs to intermittently fast even if just slightly. When I eat late at night I end up just spooning almond butter in like it's Kozy Shack pudding and I wake up still full, and often a pound or two heavier. I try to eat just breakfast and dinner (dinner usually at 7pm, 6 on weekends) but sometimes on weekends I walk so many miles I need a lunch. I didn't used to need to worry about calories but my weight is so comparatively low that now I do. I walked 10.5 miles today and had a can of tuna dumped on some romaine and broccoli sprouts for lunch.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Wow, what an inspiration! I'm sorry about the trouble you are having currently but I suspect that if you can lose 100lbs, you can get through this tough spot.
    No kidding!

If problems continue (and I hope they don't!), it sounds like you might look into supplementing with HCl and/or digestive enzymes (the constant hunger could mean you're not digesting well due to a lack of one of these), and/or making sure you're getting enough fat (not cutting too much in an attempt to reduce calories) and/or protein (especially in the morning.

Your success is such an inspiration!!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Since the hunger started with that course of antibiotics I woukd definitely agree I am not digesting food well and also it's like food is moving through my system at a glacial pace. My good bacteria are shot and so a digestive enzyme would probably help- I was looking at some options in the whole foods yesterday.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Day 7 of leptin reset, exactly as laid out on Dr Kruse's website. Massive decrease in hunger, zero night eating - I'm eating a big breakfast and then dinner, and dinner is a tad earlier than usual - my husband commutes far away and often doesn't get home until 7:30 but Ive been eating between 6 and 6:30 then sitting with him when he eats later. No night snacking at all, thanks heavens. I'm still having a lot of trouble falling asleep at night and staying asleep. I wish I could be asleep by 11 but it almost never happens, I lay there until 1 or later then I get up at 7 or 8. I know this is a huge problem. It's like the last piece of the puzzle, the sleep.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I still am totally floored every time I look at the stats in your sig line!!

I wonder what your DHEA is like. Hav eyou tried melatonin? Or getting sunlight directly on the eye soon after waking, with pitch black at night? My sleep got messed up somewhere on my primal path, and got worse when I started the LR, but after several months, all is better, and in fact, better than it was before going primal.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

I just had a huge panel of tests done; if I can remember how to log in I will look and see if she tested for dhea. I take 7 keto which is like dhea I think?

I have suffered from brutal insomnia my whole life and it was better the first 18 months I was primal - recent stress and re-screwing up my leptin has made it worse BUT I anticipate it will regulate again. It's obvious I got the low cortisol in the am, high in the pm again but I really believe in a few weeks that will regulate now that I understand leptin - I am currently reading Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards and I can't put it down! I expect to fully master leptin ASAP

P.s down 4# this past week
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow you are doing great Ruby, I am so glad to see you posting again.
    Are you planning to post an updated photo soon?

I was just thinking about that; I will post one tomorow also I found more "before" pictures to add for extra punch.

those are Lucky Brand size zero jeans and a Gap xs shirt

for reference here are some more befores:

me at my cousin's wedding

me when I got married

this was taken in May 2010 right before I began

My highest recorded weight was 242 in January 2010, I got down to about 232 by doing a sort of 70/30 paleo from January until May and got serious May 16th. Today I weigh 129. I was down to 127 but regained after a short bout of antibiotics in March but I expect to be at my goal weight by the end of the summer.
    Last edited by ruby; 04-15-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

bump for pictures (I should have made a new post). I finished Mastering Leptin, it was very good my only caveat is he doesn't come down hard enough on carbs and really disses low carb diets. He doesn't address grain problems at all but otherwise the advice is very good; I'd recommend reading the book but supplementing with Dr Kruse's leptin rx.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast