Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for Michelle (username ruby) page 10

ruby is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Small victories; I got dressed today, size zero (zero! bagel!) jeans from lucky brand and gap tshirt size xs. Two years ago I wore the gap size xxl (only available online) and could not button the size 20 jeans.

I had a migraine almost every day back then and fibromyalgia so bad I couldn't get off the couch and spent most of my days sneaking fudge from a hidden box on a shelf and shouting at my kids. Now I walk 6+ miles every day rain or shine and buzz around the rest of the day cleaning and singing as I do so. I play with my kids and run around like a kid.

This way of life really works, huh? It's given me a life.

lucky.jpg
    Last edited by ruby; 02-14-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Michelle
    totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Ah, Ruby, even more than the weight loss is the singing and playing that has me envious. I've been at this two years and have made progress, but still have so far yet to go on the emotional front. Sometimes I wonder if the old me is still in there, so thank you thank you thank you for giving me hope!! My children will NOT leave this house remembering me the way I am now!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    Michelle you look fantastic!! What an inspiration,!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Phil-SC is offline Senior Member
    Keep the faith...200 was a milestone for me as well...and I bobbled up and down as others have stated in their posts. However, I stayed the course and over time my body adjusted, and the scale started moving down again.

I slacked on walking a couple times last week, needed antibiotics for an infection, and stayed up late night after night watching Game of Thrones and eating almond butter out of the jar and guess what? I gained 7 pounds! Ok Ive lost 2.5 of that 7 so far and this is what I have learned:

1. maintaining a large weight loss is at least as much work, if not more, than losing it (but there is no other option)
    2. never eat after dinner
    3. walk (for me) 6+ miles a day, no slacking
    4. GO TO BED before 11, alseep by 11:30

Getting back down to 127 lickety split.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes it's not the quantity of food or lack of exercise, but a food reaction. I don't yet know what it was, but yesterday I weighed SIX POUNDS more than the day before. This morning, 3 of it is gone. I suspect it has something to do with having run out of betaine HCl to take with my meals - I think that without enough stomach acid, the improperly digested food is causing swelling and other reactions in my body.

Best to you! (still very inspired by your success!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Yes, I have noticed since starting the Cipro (antibiotic) I have been sluggish, bloated and not digesting food well. I stopped taking it Monday and have been pounding down probiotics and sauerkraut trying to get some digestive integrity back again. Hopefully it will help.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

I am hungry all the time; I took for granted these last couple years that I could eat bacon in the morning and then not eat again for 8 hours; now I feel hungry all day and stuff myself with nuts and chicken thighs well into the night. It's obvious my satiety signals (hormones?) are all screwed up. Attempting IF now leads to inevitable backlash just like in my old low fat high grain diet days. I'm not taking in any grains or sugar or food I "shouldn't" just too much primal food and often too late at night. No control at all.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Nelle is offline Senior Member
    Wow, what an inspiration! I'm sorry about the trouble you are having currently but I suspect that if you can lose 100lbs, you can get through this tough spot. Your body is obviously telling you something, make sure you listen and find out what it is. Like maybe you need a nap, more variety, a change-up in workout, a hobby, etc.

I just started Primal and in my research, I read so much nay-saying that it scares me. Stories like yours help. Maybe Primal isn't right for everyone but it's right for you and it shows. My, does it show!! I've failed at weight watchers several times and never felt satisfied but I'm finishing day 5 now and feel pretty good. I'm glad I stumbled across your journal for a pick-me-up! Keep up the good work!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm back on track! I didn't eat past 6pm and already I look and feel better. New goal is 121 since my highest recorded weight is 242 - I would like to be able to say I lost half my size.
    Michelle
    240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast