Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fed up with meat anyone? page

shadgal is offline Senior Member

Fed up with meat anyone?

Shop Now
    Does anyone get fed up with the thought of yet another meat meal? I do sometimes and wish to not have to think about it. Yes I do eat fish but probably only once a week normally salmon. I feel the urge to just eat veges sometimes but would have to do it with butter or other fat to feel full. And no I've never been a vegetarian. Maybe when the PB cookbook arrives I will be inspired. Saying all that I do have a beef tongue in slow cooker just as an experiment, will slice it up otherwise my kids will freak!

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member
    It's not a meal without meat. I don't think I've ever had a vegetarian meal.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadgal View Post
    Does anyone get fed up with the thought of yet another meat meal? I do sometimes and wish to not have to think about it. Yes I do eat fish but probably only once a week normally salmon. I feel the urge to just eat veges sometimes but would have to do it with butter or other fat to feel full. And no I've never been a vegetarian. Maybe when the PB cookbook arrives I will be inspired. Saying all that I do have a beef tongue in slow cooker just as an experiment, will slice it up otherwise my kids will freak!

Yes, I know what you mean -- can't just have a big bowl of pasta anymore or a bowl of rice and beans (always a staple for me). I am enjoying adding the meat, but it's definitely more work (I'm not very used to cooking it).

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    I actually had a giant bowl of broccoli for dinner tonight... like 4-5 servings. Yeah I added a few tbsps of butter and a bit of parmesan cheese but it certainly filled me up! I had a ton of protein during the day so didn't think I needed anymore...
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    IDK, I enjoy it too much to get tired of eating it. Tired of cooking it, sure.

I usually grill, roast, or slice & saute it, with high quality unrefined sea salt, cracked black pepper, usually garlic, and maybe another herb. Simple, fast, and always delicious. It definitely helps that it's all pastured meat, and we buy it in bulk so we get lots of different cuts, and several different kinds, including lamb & goat. I google anything I don't know how to make, which was a LOT at first!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    YES! I get really turned off to all the meat, eggs, fat, etc..usually once a week or so I have a day or two where there is nothing I crave, it all sounds disgusting, especially meat. Even when my belly is growling I just can't bring myself to want to eat something primal. During these times the only thing that usually sounds good is veggie salad (which I have) or a big bowl of pasta(which I don't have). My advice? It comes and goes, just let it pass and eat some veggies or IF and you will get a craving for meat again. I'm sure it has something to do with eating too much protein.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Meat rocks! It may be safe to say that I have a daily craving for the holy amalgamation of bacon and eggs. In fact, one of my favorite dishes is to take that bacon and eggs, wrap it in nori, pour on some mustard, and eat away! There is no way you could call that bland and boring!

I tasted good veal the other day and I was hooked. I threw in almost a pound of organic chuck roast from WF in the slow cooker today, it was awesome! Meat only gets boring if you make it boring. It is no different than any other ingredient out there: use your imagination, try to prepare it in a novel way, and you will be sure to not get sick of it. Either that or work out a bit more. I find that I really crave meat in the days where my activity levels are high.

I recently bought some delicious chicken sausage from TJ's. Just another way to spice up the meat love life. It was novel (I have not had sausage in a while) and delicious.

Moral of the story: try something new. Meat is a very general term. You never know what could lie around the corner for your taste buds in the wonderful world of artery clogging saturated fat!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodini View Post
    I actually had a giant bowl of broccoli for dinner tonight... like 4-5 servings. Yeah I added a few tbsps of butter and a bit of parmesan cheese but it certainly filled me up! I had a ton of protein during the day so didn't think I needed anymore...
    Broccoli has a lot of protein! Its not a complete protein like Asparagus but it has 4 grams per serving which is about 50 calories nonetheless. You probably had 15 or more grams of protein with your meal still - maybe 20 or more!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

strom is offline Senior Member
    I don't think any vegetable is a complete protein. However on days when you can't think of anything else to eat, or don't want meat, fast. You could also make coconut or nut flour waffles as well.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    YES YES YES!! MEAT STINKS!

Ugh I was about to make a thread about this. I don't know if it's just me, my meat, or what, but damn I'm sick of the smell.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast